1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Some of y'all need to apologize to Sam...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrjohn, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Actually it was Barbara Mandrell.

I didn't know Sammy had 43 minutes in him...great job.

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

3rd big is not 3rd string. It's first big off the bench.

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

He's getting 6.7 mil next year. I don't see why we don't keep him even if we upgrade at that position somehow. He's a cheap, sturdy big that actually is useful. Sadly, those aren't commonplace in today's nba.

I was against Dalembert because I thought we would give him a stupid Brad Miller contract, but after I saw his contract, I was for it.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

But he is definitely a upgrade over Brad freakin Miller...

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is lookin like an Allstar..... whereas Miller is ridin the pine somewhere

6. gah

gah Member

I wish you would have kept your comments in this thread at that, it would have made you appear more humble.

Although it needs no mention, Sam won this game for us. Although he was just as tired or even more tired than the others, he was the only Rocket who poured his heart out there, we would had lost this game if his level of effort descended to that of the others, he led them to hustle this game out.

Morey talked about how Parsons has been the big surprise of the year, well how about this Dalembert? Not too bad for a last resort.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

BS if he was on Miami he would start, he's better than Haywood on Dallas, He outplayed Okafur tonight, Boston's center is Jermaine O'neal c'mon!

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Dally gives us 5 extra wins which would make us about a 50 wins team in a normal season. It would also give us the best shot at trading for a superstar.

9. val_modus

val_modus Member

Hes been averaging 15-13 over the winstreak... very solid

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I always thought he'd be a fine pick up and the most logical one. He's not Dwight Howard, but it plugs a big hole for us and let's the team focus on acquiring top notch talent elsewhere, which isn't as difficult as acquiring it at center.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Twill.... If you are reading this, tell the Bear I'm sorry.

12. lalala902102001

The Bear is the man -- soon he'll have some value to land us a good piece for the future, along with Martin and Scola.

13. Hui

Hui Member

Not to mention David Anderson as well :) I think hes doing a great job. GO ROCKETS

14. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Neg rep.

1 person likes this.
  15. RyanB

RyanB Member

DD no one said that we are contenders with SAM, he just plays well right now on both ends, haters do not agree! that's all!;)

16. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

SammyD is underrated hardcore. He is not such a liability in offense as I thought he would be. He can do more then tip ins, dunks and uncontested lay-ups.

17. freshstart

freshstart Member

+1 asset :grin:

18. houseofglass21

Morey'd

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad we have Sam.
    It's better than that lunatic idea some clutchfans had about starting Thabeet!

I think if you tried to start Thabeet on the video game, the xbox would throw the controller at you.

20. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

You have to understand, a few weeks ago many including me wanted to lose, some still do. Thabeet starting is perfect for a losing team, Dalembert is perfect for a winning team :)

It's been a rollercoaster for me, I've wanted him for quite a while and was happy when we signed him. Then after the first game he seemed to struggle because he was out of shape and not starting. It seemed like we were quietly tanking.

Then finally the beast was unleashed, the dream of 'double-double Hill' was finally put to rest and Sam started to walk that walk. I like his attitude, he's like Deke, he talks a big game and doesn't back down. Hope he keeps this up.
    Boy can you imagine him in 2009 when Yao and Deke went out.