1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Some news with the Clippers...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Feb 9, 2000.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I have a "source" who lives in LA and has some inside information on the Clippers. Don't know about his reliability, but I asked him about possible Clipper trades. While Popeye and others have said getting Olowakandi would be near impossible, this source said that out of Kandi, DA, and Taylor, you could get Kandi for by far the cheapest. He even said there was a rumor (emphasis on rumor) that Portland had offered Jermaine O'Neal for Kandi, and while they'd probably decline it he thinks, it was being considered. That tells you how low Olowakandi's stock is. However, he also said that it was DA who was being shopped the most. He said that the Clippers indeed loved Drew, but he didn't think that the Clippers had been making much contact with the Rockets lately, but anything is possible- as the Clips are really trying to deal.
    Take from this what you will- this is one of the first times I've contacted him, but if Kandi is available for cheap, I say go for it. A future fromt line of Cato- Olowakandi is awfully intriguing. While it would seem like too good of a deal for Houston, maybe DA and Olowakandi both in a deal isn't so far fetched after all. We'll have to see.

[This message has been edited by The Cat (edited February 09, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by The Cat (edited February 09, 2000).]

2. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Jermaine O'Neal for Kandi....that is a great deal for the Clips. Jermaine has nothing but an upside. Kandi, I have heard, has a terrible work ethic. He has learned virtually nothing since entering the league, and has not improved very much either. Since all the trade rumors and all the comments here about getting Kandi have surfaced, I have watched this guy pretty closely. He is, and will always be, no better than a big body. Every now and then he may put up some stats. But something has to change for this guy or he will stagnate in LA.

3. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

good point hoop-t but it seems like forever now that Shaq has been asking for a backup...

4. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

As a back up, I think Kandi fits the role for LAL. But this guy is not a solid, consistent starter. If he stays in LAC, he will not develop. If they had a good coach, it might be a different story!

5. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

The guy has some good raw talent, and a young active body. I'm sure that the same coaching staff which helped develop a very raw Othella Harrington into a 15 and 10 man, could do even more for this former #1. I would take my chances with Kandiman. Start a nice little crop of big men.

6. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Kandi has to want it, however. I have heard so many times that this kid lacks the desire to improve. He wants to make big money on his size and not improve his skills. He is raw, and there is talent there, but he can't run the floor well, and he is dubbed as lazy. Does he fit in here? If so, do we want to give up some quality players to get him with the possible risk involved?

I am not convinced!

7. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Hakeem can teach him all the things.

8. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

You can lead a horse to water.....