1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, who are the "one or two guys" the Rockets are looking at in FA?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Jul 26, 2012.

?

Who are the Rockets looking at potentially adding?

1. Alonzo Gee (25)

39.6%
  2. Brandon Rush (26)

19.8%
  3. Kyrylo Fesenko (25)

22.4%
  4. Greg Oden (24)

34.7%
  5. Jodie Meeks (24)

8.2%
  6. Joey Dorsey (28)

3.4%
  7. Hasan Whiteside (23)

17.2%
  8. Sam Young (27)

5.6%
  9. DeAndre Liggins (24)

3.4%
  10. Other (Please specify)

12.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Morey revealed in his media session the other day that they might add one free agent, if they can get him "on the right structure" and are looking at "one or two guys" specifically.

So, who do you think are the Rockets looking at?
    Would it be fair to assume it's somebody 'young' with at least some upside or might the Rockets actually value a veteran presence enough to go that route?

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Methinks that Morey was talking about adding more D League fodder.

3. smr6

smr6 Member

Joey Dorsey/Deandre Liggins obviously = championship.

4. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

I'd be happy with giving Oden a chance to rehab while playing our youngsters. He can focus on getting healthy.

5. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Pay oden minimum $ one 1 year contract as asik backup

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think we're a little long on D-League fodder as it is right now. Also, you don't worry about getting someone "on the right structure" with D-League fodder -- they sign the paper you put before them. I would think it was actually a rotation player they're thinking of.

But, I really don't care who it is, because he's unlikely to make much difference.

7. HMMMHMM

Liggins has some nice potential as a defensive player. If he can improve his jump shot, signing him to a multi-year deal with every year after the first being non-guaranteed, that wouldn't seem like too bad of an investment to me.

Dorsey is what he is I guess. If I hadn't seen that rumor that the Rockets might be one of the teams interested in him a few months ago I wouldn't have added him to the list to be honest. He's up there with the Aaron Grays of the world.

8. smr6

smr6 Member

Nothing wrong with the list you accumulated. I just hope Morey doesn't really go after 2 more free agents when there is no one left that will make any significant impact on our team other than taking time away from some of our young players. That being said his statement doesn't mean that he is going to sign anyone, just that he is keeping his options open so I guess there's nothing to really get upset about.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Asik/DMo
    Pat/DMo/Jones/White
    Parsons/Morris/Forbes
    Martin/Lamb
    Lin/Douglas/Machado

That's 13 right there. Assuming there's no Dwight trade, i don't understand what free agents we're talking about here. The roster's full.

10. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Chris 'Birdman' Anderson.

11. barnsleyfan123

15 players in a team. 15-13=2

12. HMMMHMM

Don't forget Livingston, Brockman, JuJuan Johnson, Greg Smith and Harrellson.

Some of them will get cut, but as is we're already at more than 15 guys.

Yeah, that's fair. Then again, could this perhaps indicate the Rockets might go after the highest risk/reward guy and take a flyer on Greg Oden, now that he has them German knees? :)

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'll go with Fesenko and Rush. Just because you can't have too many shooters and big men.

14. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Has Brandon Roy signed with the T-Wolves yet? Morey may take a chance on him! Birdman and Oden could also be considered...

If the Rockets can sign them to contracts similar to Parsons...I think it would be worth it...since we are in a rebuilding stage.

15. J-Red

J-Red Member

I like the Greg Oden idea. He can't ask for much so he could be very high reward with no real risk involved. And it allows D-Mo to stay at the 4 which I think will suit him better, at least for now.

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I was thinking more along the lines of players like Greg Smith. Someone who would play in the D League all year, but be part of the 15 man roster. Maybe there are already three players of the current 25ish signed that are all ready marked for next year's D League?

17. Aruba77

I understand that there are 15 and i also understand that we currently have far more than 15 guys on our roster, but i guess i was just focusing on the guys that would play, or need to play. With so many young players that need court-time to develop, i can't see adding additional free agents of any real substance. Not unless we make some more trades.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What we need now is a defensive veteran SG/SF. Courtney Lee would have been perfect.:rolleyes:
    Now, the only players on that list are Rush, Gee, Young and Liggins.
    The Rockets should have been focusing on this instead of that Howard garbage.
    They could have gotten or kept some good vets for this young team.

19. Aruba77

I'd rather give the young guys some court-time, and a chance to develop. we weren't going anywhere this year anyway; even if we had managed to pull off the Dwight trade. Martin will have to be the veteran presence. This is a year where we will live or die by how well the coaches do their job.

20. Mariachi ROCKET

Lets get Greg Oden over here! Tremendous upside and the highest reward. We can have 3 7 footers out there at once. Oden at the 5, Asik a the 4, and D-Mo at the 3 when we want to go super big! Then Chandler bang at SG and Shaun Livingston playing the point! SUper monster height!