1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So what's your opinion of ESPN.com now 1 year later?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Apr 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. what

what Member

Espn.com, to me it has improved a lot. But it still isn't as easy as the previous version, especially when it comes to box scores and game tickers. But they have managed to crap a lot more information into that website and for that I do think that overall it is an improvement.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The box scores suck. And they are pretty much the only thing I care about. Oh, I also hate it when the website starts autoplaying the short videos with sound. Makes it that much harder to quickly browse NBA stuff during boring meetings.

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

This x infinity.

4. what

what Member

You can turn off autoplay.

Believe me, I am not trying to discount what you are saying. Just trying to help you out:

On the very right of the screen by the WATCH, LISTEN, find the User Icon. Hover over that, and on the left look for Video settings.

At least I think that controls it. Worth a try. Me personally, I can't get any video to autostart. Go figure.

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

They got rid of the pitches seen by each hitter in the baseball box score. I was using that!

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

yeah if you're logged in, you can have Autoplay turned off on your account. So then anywhere you're logged in, autoplay is always off

Without that, I probably would have quit the site altogether. Those things are annoying as ****

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I've probably been to that site 5-6 times in the past couple years. Their original content sucks and if I need to know a boxscore I just Google "Rockets Warriors" and it pops up. No need to go force myself to get used to their ****ty site.

8. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I use the CBS Sports app on my phone. I have no idea why... But hey, it works.

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I prefer the Yahoo app

----

As for ESPN, I've found myself reading less legit articles, but more of those junk blurbs that every team writer seems to submit.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Probably the best sports site after realgm.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I never use it except to read ESPN insider

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

ESPN is great. The worldwide leader in Sports.

13. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I don't like it or use it nearly as much as I used to. The changes made things worse.

14. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

I may use it a handful of times over the course of the month. I can't even recall the last time I pulled it up.

15. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I have a bad memory when it comes to these types of things, so a year later I remember I didn't like the change but now don't really remember the old layout.

Who the hell browses the net at work much less in meetings without the audio muted? Every other site seems to auto play videos.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Home page remains awful -- I have a 26" monitor and about half of that is taken up by crap... and that doesn't include the Rockets info.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Still sucks. Now they seem to be pushing European soccer and freaking golf on their scores ticker. I have to go look for NBA or MLB scores if there's BS soccer being played somewhere. I don't give a damn about soccer, don't put that crap on my ticker dude.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The homepage is still a mess. Too much just thrown on there without any structure or hierarchy. The story pages are great though, particularly on tablet and mobile phone. They probably care more about that anyway as that is where the majority of their audiences probably comes from.

19. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I'm on ESPN right now in fact. Site is not down.

20. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Autoplay should be turned off by default, just like FB or twitter videos as well.