1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So what's wrong with The Houston Rockets???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Nov 18, 2015.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

So what's wrong with our Rockets???

Rockets are integrating a new point guard into the system.

Lawson isn't or hasn't played his style of game yet, which is attack the rim, Pick'n'Roll & penetrate then kick.

Harden is finding it hard to adjust, is use to having the ball in his hands.

Dwight & the team aren't to happy about him having to rest every back to back.

Teams spent the offseason scouting our game & have adjusted for it.

We don't run enough plays...or the P'n'R, too much ISO.

We are one of the shortest teams in the league...rebounding is a problem.

Our transition defence is atrocious.

Our offence becomes stagnant.

We still can't feed the post when Dwight gets position.

McHale has used the first 10 games to toy with lineups...his rotations have been real head scratchers - he's gone now. Hopefully the new guy will command respect & run some plays.

...and injuries to D-Mo, Dekker, Beverley, Terrence Jones - Harrell & Ariza playing hurt & Dwight's rests, have interrupted our chemistry.

That's all.

I said that it would take at least 10 games, if not more to get everyone on the same page, gel & form chemistry - especially after such a disjointed pre-season.

I expected a 60 win season from this group.

I still believe that when we get it all together we can get close to that mark, but we need another Big Body & possibly a knock down 3 point shooter, a Kyle Korver type, to space the floor.

We need to run plays, play hard for the full game - especially on D, & players need to hold each other accountable.

The players need to get their head in the game, stop reading their own press and focus on winning that ring.

It has been hard to watch, but we will be OK

The JB Bickerstaff era has begun...

#Pursuit

2. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

The 'Harden better lead by example' era has begun.

Else I fear the worst.

3. Raven

Raven Member

Harden is playing like he doesn't give a ####. Any other questions?

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think you nailed most of the issues.

I illustrated my thoughts here: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=10126950#post10126950

If the Rockets can fix their offense, I think that will have a domino effect on a lot of fronts including the defense. And the first step to fixing the offense is properly integrating Ty Lawson.

5. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Hence, this is a bad team.

6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Guys just looking frustrated out there, it seems like even the players themselves are tired of just jacking up threes

7. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Not a bad team...a good team playing bad.

8. sluggo832004

sluggo832004 Member

I think james harden has lost some motivation since losing to curry in mvp race.

Not to mention signing a 200 million dollar contract with Adidas.

I suggest Thibs as a assistant coach and Adelman as a head coach!!! :grin:

9. sluggo832004

sluggo832004 Member

edit. Mike D'Antoni as head coach. thibs as assistant coach.:grin:

10. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Adelman is not a dictator, he is also not in game strategist, he give his player liberty and don't run set plays (the Princeton offense is a Read and React constant motion offense) he is loyal to the Vets and don't play rookies.

Now thibs is the dictator we need for this bunch of Hollywood's babies we got as players, but he also run his players to the ground, I expect Dwight body to give up under him.

11. alethios

alethios Member

The clapper wasn't working.