1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So what's next...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by megastahr, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Raisin

Raisin Member

Agreed with the posts that we are better off this year than last year and next year will definitely be a fun and entertaining year but one of the true victories of the Melo trade is the death of the Portland Trail Blazers trolls....

mikol13 likes this.
  2. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Thats assuming not changing the offer to compete with it genius .....

Doesn't mean we couldn't have beat that offer...

3. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

TWO uses of "clearly"? That must mean you're very serious. :rolleyes:

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I feel like a Gordon+Capela deal at the deadline for Cousins could be possible if the Pelicans have a shitty season. Cousins should be cheap enough as a half year rental, who could force his way here.

6. deshen

deshen Member

Exactly.

SirIvyLeague and saleem like this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm only in favor of this Cousins shows maturity, and if the Rockets get his rights.

8. megastahr

If morey couldn't get melo with our assets he's not getting cousins

pippendagimp likes this.
  9. eman

eman Contributing Member

What's next is Ryan Anderson has a career year.

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I think Morey had a price he was willing to pay for Anthony and it wasn't going to go much beyond Anderson and spare parts. It's not as if Morey made any great assets available to the Knicks. If the Pelicans are not on track to make the playoffs, a package of Capela and Anderson, or Gordon might be appealing to them versus letting Cousins walk. From the Rockets POV, it might be the type of high risk-reward move that Morey might think is necessary to have a shot at the Warriors.

saleem likes this.
  11. megastahr

I guess that is possible I just don't have much faith in morey after all this.

First I think he gave up too much in Chris paul trade as they had less leverage than even knicks. Pieces we could have used to get melo.

I know I am a bit bitter but still feel that way

12. Know Your Role

Want AD to become disgruntled with Cousins and the Pelicans. Send AD home to houston for our garbage. Get it done Morey.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I didn't like the fact that so many players were given up for CP3, but another team came close to acquiring him, which pushed up the price for Les and Morey.

14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

It's not about not having the assets. How do people not see this? It's about what Morey was willing to give up/not give up for Melo.

I'm sure that Morey would be more than willing to give up more for a better player.

We just landed (even knowing Harden was key) CP3 and people have lost faith in Morey? I honestly don't get it.

Morey and company have assembled a very good team. It's okay to be disappointed, but why is everyone crying like we are the Knicks? Get a grip people.

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

What's next? We win the whole thing.

16. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Bro. I'll show you my abs, if that doesn't shut you up then idk what to say.

@Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber likes this.
  17. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Bro, lol. You don't want to get in it with me. @Pen15clubber tell this boy what's up.

But to your point, I'm right. We didn't.

18. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

Try to trade Onuaku + NGs for a decent veteran backup PG, before we have to cut the NGs.

pippendagimp likes this.
  20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

You mad, kid?

I would say, do a better job at respecting the board and it's members. If you can't do that, then you're no good around here. We can have an intelligent conversation or you can just be gone. We don't have to agree on everything, it would be boring if we did. That said, respect goes a long way in all aspects of life. How about stop trying to be tough and just be cool with people. I promise you, you aren't as tough as you think you are. And if for some reason you are, who cares. Use it for something positive. And you never know, you may just run into it with someone who's been around the block and might just be able to smash you when it all was very unnecessary. Then what? Was it worth it?

I'm done with this conversation. I've moved past this kind of garbage in my life many years ago. My guess is you have a lot to learn and that's okay. We either learn or we don't.