1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, what takes priority now, resting or seeding?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, Mar 11, 2019.

?

Which options do you like the best?

1. Resting Harden and Paul 3 games vs 6 lottery teams by turn.

37 vote(s)
    33.0%
  2. No rest. Putting up a fight for No. 1 seed.

75 vote(s)
    67.0%
  1. BigBum

BigBum Member

You are basically saying you have to repeat the mistakes because there is only one option.

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I think of it this way. We push for numero uno. forcing the warriors to do the same if they cared about it= less amount of rest for both team. Pretty simple actually.

3. Buck Turgidson

I vote for both at the same time.

4. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

We could drop seeds too much by resting them. 3-8 seeds are 3.5 games apart. No thanks on the resting.

5. BigBum

BigBum Member

GS Final 12 games:
    Road game against Wolves, Grizzlies, Pelicans, Lakers
    The rest is home game. Only home game vs Nuggets is tough, the rest is easy.

6. BigBum

BigBum Member

my projections for nobody is resting.

GS 57 wins
    12-4 (flooring)
    Rockets 56 wins
    15-1 (ceiling)

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Logic doesn't work like that. The team that got to games 6 and 7 is the team that did not rest. They were pretty damn successful. We can't know what would have been the record, the rotations, the injuries, etc. of the team you imagine that rested.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am for rolling into the playoffs on a hot streak. As another poster (xaos) wrote, rest is for the offseason.

True Rocket likes this.
  9. Newlin

Newlin Member

I don't believe in resting players. This resting players business didn't start until a few years ago. The players can play just like the players did in the past. The league even stretched the regular season to eliminate so many back to back games. Fans buying tickets desrves to see all the players play. Players also make a lot of money, they can play.

sirbaihu likes this.
  10. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

A lot of people here taking the regular season overly seriously. Kinda shows you why the team has failed over the past few years, and no one still recognizes it. ABSOLUTELY rest CP on back-to-backs. ABSOLUTELY rest Harden against lottery teams like the Suns. If they lose those games and CP can't even shoot against those teams, they're probably not going to win the chip anyway.

kjayp likes this.
  11. BigBum

BigBum Member

You are against reality for recent years and tendency. The tendency is to rest the players in the regular and win in playoffs.
    Health is more important than seeding.

kjayp likes this.
  12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I cant believe so many people are voting for seeding over rest... smh...

I guess we deserve MDA then... or at least the majority of y'all do...

I think if healthy and rested we have the ability to beat any team in the NBA - including the GSW...

otoh...
    We've seen what happens to Harden in the playoffs if he's too tired...
    and we've seen what happens if CP3 goes out due to injury...

but you folks keep cheering alongside MDA for regular season glory... smdh....

Stormy1234 likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't want a repeat of last year when Paul couldn't make it through the playoffs. If the last 2 years are any indication of a hamstring or knee injury then save him for the playoffs. I mean he has already played more games now than he has all year. The last thing we need is him being injured when the playoffs start. Same goes with Harden. Rest him a week, then start resting Paul.

We need everyone healthy for playoffs to go all the way. I would rather go in as 8th seed with everyone healthy than start at 2nd or 3rd seed and see a repeat of last year trying to win it with James still nursing his wrist or Paul not able to play because he is hurt again. We can still win games with them resting games now that Faried is back. But, the odds of us winning it all are much better by risking some losses now verse playoff time.

#73 deb4rockets, Mar 11, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    Stormy1234 and kjayp like this.
  14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Wasn't the SAS game 6 collapse attributed to Harden being fatigued?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  15. YaoMingsSoulja

I'm not buying it. I would give credit to the Spurs defense. Harden doesn't get fatigued. He's to young and to in shape to get tired. The guy is built like a tank. I would say he gave up, and rightfully so.

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Paul would have to play every single one of our last 15 games to play in the exact same amount of games he played for us last year. 58. Which would tie last year for the 2nd least in his career. You injury worriers are something else.

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I voted for resting, but with less than 4 games separating 5 teams, it does appear we can't afford the rest. Still, plenty of games to be played.

dkim1984 likes this.
  18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

19. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Good thing is that we have proved to still be able to play at a high level without key players. With that said, If the 1 seed is attainable come April, you definitely go for it. If it looks like we are stuck in 2 or 3, wouldn’t hurt to rest.

BaselineFade likes this.
  20. bmelo

bmelo Member

Mid-season I didn't even imagine we could put up a fight for top2 seed... our players rested almost whole year due to injuries(except few) now it's time to put pressure and not back off! Just go after it they are top level athletes they will be fine with playing with those several games more. We need to build defensive chemistry, consistency and late game offensive resolutions because we still lack it

Hakeemtheking likes this.