1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So what grade do you give Morey on the 2012 draft?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Raven, Jun 29, 2012.

?

What grade do you give Morey on the 2012 draft?

1. A

12.6%
  2. B

35.4%
  3. C

24.0%
  4. D

15.2%
  5. F

12.8%
  1. Raven

Raven Member

I don't see how it's not a failing grade. Morey did not bring home a five, and that closes off the easiest (and cheapest) approach to getting one. And even if Morey trades for a five (Gasol says hi), wouldn't our veteran need a backup, and wouldn't Zeller be a nice insurance policy in case our veteran gets injured?

I won't even get into losing out on Meyers because Portland lost a half dozen games more than we did. And how did they manage that? Oh, that's right, by trading Camby to us last season, but that could have never been part of their plan, no way.

Morey did get Lamb, but Lamb is a guy you select after you get your five.

As for White, after what the Rockets went through with Eddie Griffin, I would have thought they'd avoid going down that road again.

Grade C.

2. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

3. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

PF - for Power Forwards

4. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

How is Royce White like Eddie Griffin?

Please explain.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think were really going to like jeremy lamb, thats what keeps this grade to a B-ish area, but other than that it was a C type of night.

6. srrono

srrono Member

I will give him a B. I wanted a center.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We GOT MOTHER****ING ROYCE WHITE!

Morey deserves an

A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

&

Sexual favors from all the rookies that post on Clutchfans without contributing!!!

1 person likes this.
  8. Rockets_Texans

why are you guys so dissapointed. there are so many PF's and SG's and that obviously means there will be a trade. calm down

9. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

If you believe in picking the Best Players Available then the Rockets had a solid draft.

If you believe in picking for need then it's been and average to below average draft.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you believe in picking for need, when you are without a star, you are an idiot, says Confucius.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I give this draft a big fat F.

Didnt address the glaring weakness on the roster , even traded from a position of weakness from the C spot and didnt replace the talent , even if Dalembert isnt all that.

Two more 6'8 power forwards .... Need I say more ?!

Im Ok with the Lamb pick as SG needed an infusion of talent but not getting a center is .... questionable at best.

12. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Incomplete

13. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

I agree with Confucius principle of drafting prospects.

1 person likes this.
  14. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Well Terrence Jones measured in at 6'9.5 at the combine so you should probably say a little bit more. At 252 lbs with a 7'2 wingspan he is far from being another undersized power forward. People think he is small because he is versatile and capable of playing the 3 also.

15. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

The people that gave Morey an 'F' would have given him a 'Z' but it wasn't on the list. They're just disgruntled.

16. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Both Royce White and Jeremy Lamb were outstanding picks I think. I think Royce could be an all star caliber player. My big issue with this draft is the fact that we did not come away with a 5.

As bad as I wanted Zeller with the 16th pick, I think Royce was just to good to pass up. Had Zeller fallen one more spot I think He would have been a Rocket. I thi k Royce has a chance to play a significant role this season as good as he is right now.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

I give Maury an 8/10 from the back.

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

A+ for players picked

C- for method of too many forwards.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

6'9.5" in shoes ....

I dont dislike the player , I dislike the position .... they have a Zero in the middle which has plagued this team for the past three seasons. They traded their only option (under contract) at the position away ...

They drafted two more power forwards when they already have Scola , Patterson , Motejunas and Jon Leuer at the position already.

It’s not likely Jones will be able to play much small forward in the NBA , just doesnt have the shot or handles ....Good defender , good rebounder , will probably have a long stay in the NBA .... Just a horrible fit here.

Royce White .... 6'7" 265. An undersized PF too. Interesting skillset to be sure , but .... Again , I dont dislike the player , its the position. He's not going to play the SF spot either , doesnt have the quickness. Sub 50% FT shooter ?!

What do they need with a SF when they have Parsons and Morris ... with C.Lee suppose to be back who eats up minutes at the position too.

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Then dont forget the 53rd pick .... Turkish power forward Furkan Aldemir. [​IMG]