1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

So what do y'all think about Dekker so far?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Pride, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Man, after watching all the games and multiple in person this dude hustles and gives a ****.
    Do y'all see him earning more minutes? I like this kid.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I think he's surpassed anybody's expectations both offensively and defensively.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. MONON

MONON Member

I think he'll be a 3/4 rather than the 2/3 that Parsons was, because I don't think he'll be the ball handler Parsons was. He will be a big part of our rotation, maybe even a starter. I like his hustle, defense & shot.

TheMystery008 likes this.
  4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I really like his hustle and fire, one of the things we were missing last year.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I didn't think much of him and he is still not a good ball handler, but he is a serviceable player.....a lower rotation level player.

DD

Kam likes this.
  6. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Coming out of college, the major question about Sam was his shooting. It looks like he spent a lot of time working on his jumper last year while rehabbing.

If the early returns are legit and he can shoot 3s at roughly a 40% clip, we practically got a lottery pick.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's about what I expected him to be, a mix between Parsons and Ariza.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

The layup I saw he made running to the basket was jaw-dropping. I didn't know he was that quick and smooth. Keeper, cya Euro trash (DMo)

ramotadab likes this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Excellent.. Stay away from Dekker, DD. The Curse is real.

The_Yoyo, adw, Kam and 3 others like this.
  10. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Very happy so far, the kid has game man.

11. Chamillionaire

All of our new guys in the rotation have exceeded my expectations including Dekker.

12. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

Sam Dekker is one of those guys that just does a lot without getting a lot of attention. I noticed many defensive plays where he made subtle movements that contributes to a stop, or on the offensive end just spacing the floor nicely. This team needs him on the floor and he makes things run smoother

TheMystery008 likes this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yep, he's better than I thought he'd be. I would like to see him coming off more hard cuts to the basket, where he can catch and attack without having to dribble much (like we used Kirk Snyder). He's an athlete that can finish. As hard as it is to believe, the Rockets never seem to have players like that.

14. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

He's got legit size, athleticism and instincts. If he can keep up a 40% 3 pt shot we've got a stud on the bench.

Can always improve on defense but I think he's a little better there than anyone could expect.

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Smartttttt, really picked up our system and the NBA level game quick.

17. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

The vibe on him is back to the vibe right after he got drafted and before he started summer league rookie season.

18. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I think if you saw him during the summer league it doesn't seem as surprising what he's doing. The surprising part is that he is willing to go against starters with the same intensity he did against rookies and players trying to make teams during the summer league. He has to work on his ball handling and rookie defensive mistakes, but he has been a really good bench player that should be allowed to develop. Same with Harrell. Look at Capela given a chance.

19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

He's pretty good. I doubt he'll be a factor this season. He'll have some games where he'll impress and coach will keep him in for longer. He'll also have some games where he contributes absolutely nothing. The key for him is to stay ready. Hopefully he keeps the right attitude.

Also has anyone seen his old teammate Frank Kaminsky recently? I'm really impressed with him. Totally thought he would be a flop.

20. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

After that embarrassing moment when he fell on his way to a wide open dunk the guy has actually proved to be NBA level athlete. He's still learning on the job but I like his skill set. That injury last season probably set him back instead of spending his rookie season in the D-League like most of our rookies.