1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So Vince Carter is washed up still?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr Chuck Norris, Feb 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Mr Chuck Norris

He's got 48 tonight.

2. plates300

plates300 Member

he's been shooting very poor from the field for about a month or two now.

3. rocketshopeful

apparently peja still has some game left too.

4. Chamillionaire

andre milller, brandon jennings, jamal crawford, players sometimes are in the zone and make shots. that doesn't mean that they'll bring it everynight a la lebron, dwade, kobe.

in no way is vince washed up IMO, but he isn't the player he was in toronto and the first couple years in NJ. age catches up with everyone, even the dream.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I knew this would happen....

Peja scored 29....29

who says old guys can't find the fountain of youth (bad defenses).

6. Chamillionaire

he hasn't been the same after Divac retired and he signed with NO not that i care cause they're in our division.

7. Mr. Space City

lol

lets not get carried away now...

;)

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Who ever said he's washed up? I criticize him quite often but anyone who thinks he can't perform is out of their mind. VC's problems are totally between his ears IMO, but that's a huge hurdle for him. Tonight's game doesn't convince me he can perform on a team like the Magic that has other talented players where he isn't the clear #1 option 100% of the time. The Magic won't fix their problems by VC putting up 27 shots per game.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

probably wont happen again, but hey, its nice to see vintage VC even if its a flash of it

10. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

What a great night for VC, I think he needed it. Because I was kinda tired of seeing him shooting 5/15 like every single game. The guy was shooting 28% last month!

But I don't really like his game. I mean, he can do everything on the bball court but he doesn't. He LOVES jumpers.

And it is a miss or make league. He had been missing shots earlier, but yesterday he made them all. But those were still mostly all those tough jumpers.

11. Chamillionaire

he's basically tmac, he's inconsistent, shooting and overall play, as well as health.

12. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

There is something similar between those two, but Tracy is much more unselfish IMO

13. Garner

Garner Member

Read the book of basketball.

14. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I turned in towards the end of the 4th, and what I couldn't help but observe is that pretty much every Magic play towards the end was give Carter the ball and watch him go Francis-style on the entire Hornet defense.
    I mean, yeah, it's impressive when the shots fall, but when they don't, I imagine it would be horrifically bad for them. I still think Orlando is not going to be the Eastern Conference champs this year - them beating Cleveland was a fluke, and it won't happen again.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Just to be clear, he's referring to Simmon's Book of Basketball, where talks about the key to basketball as relayed to him by Isiah Thomas -- basically, it boils down to sacrificing individual success for the team.

16. Christopher

Christopher Member

Thats when you want your best performances.

In February.

17. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Just because he did good in one game doesn't means nothing. He's washed up, and its a good thing Morey didn't do a deal for him last season.