1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So the newbs here don't know about Scottie Pippen as a Rocket?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jan 15, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It appears so.

No Tmac or Jeremy Lin are not the most hated Rockets players of all time kids.

Put down that Fortnite and the Lil Peep record and asking venmo money from your brother with a job at 7 Eleven

learn something

http://www.clutchfans.net/feature.cfm?FeatureID=27

Quitten has left the building
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SATURDAY, OCTOBER 2, 1999 12:00 AM CT
    [​IMG]
    By Clutch
    Copyright 1999 ClutchFans.net
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]Walt Williams is no Scottie Pippen... thankfully
    Scottie Pippen sealed it: His Houston Rocket career was a complete and total failure.

After unloading a vicious and brutal verbal attack on Charles Barkley on Wednesday, the Rockets sent a message back to Scottie on Friday: Get the hell out of our town.

The Rockets sent Scottie to the Portland Trailblazers on Friday for 6 players off the end of the Blazers' bench. Kelvin Cato, Walt Williams, Stacey Augmon, Ed Gray, Brian Shaw and Carlos Rogers all come south to Clutch City, while Portland becomes "Pip City".

Rudy T was the one who made the call, telling Pippen he'd been traded. "It was very professional," said Rudy. "We wished each other luck, sorry it didn't work out and let's push forward." When asked if he tried to make the relationship with Pippen work, Rudy replied, "It's a moot point. We're moving forward. ... I think we've taken a negative situation and tried to turn it into a positive."

Sir Charles also took the high road Thursday in his comments back at Scottie in the press, but you'll be happy to know sources indicated to us that initially Chuck was shocked to hear of Pippen's comments, then tried to call Scottie to say the two words that begin with a 4-letter verb and end in "you". I'd pay good money for a transcript of that conversation.

But we'll get to Scottie later. Instead lets focus on what the Rockets receive in this deal.

RayRay10, adw, ramotadab and 6 others like this.
  2. photojoe

photojoe Member

Quitten is the worst. By far.

TMac did have some good moments with the Rockets. His first season here (and only season when both he and Yao were healthy) seemed like we were on the edge of building something great.
    But then the injuries kept piling up for both Yao and TMac. But Yao kept fighting through, kept giving his all to get back and stay on the court, TMac slowly became less and less interested and motivated:

Patience, s3ts, Jake Tower and 2 others like this.
  3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

pippen and tmac flat out quit on the team.

dwight and barkley gave it their all on the court but ruined the locker room.

lin was just an overpaid scapegoat, but by all accounts a good teammate at the very least. each generation of rockets has an overpaid scrub who we blame for every loss. most recently it was ryno, before him were the lin's, cato's, and mo taylor's of the past.

arno_ed, arubato, ramotadab and 5 others like this.
  4. Rock Harden

Rock Harden Member

Tmac was good just never had any help. By the time he got help, his body was broken. Still Tmac doesn't come close to what Harden is now. @tinman

roslolian likes this.
  5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Pippen ended up being such an overrated player, imo.

Yes, a GREAT GREAT defender. Yes, a VERY SOLID offensive player. But an all-time great, as he seems to be universally seen?

He's pre-injury Gordon Hayward with better defense.

I'd LOVE that guy on the Rockets right now, but my comment isn't whether this is a REALLY REALLY REALLY good player, but an all-time great...

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Cato >>> Pippen

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

but what pippen did ruined the team for years.
    He forced a trade after being our Max Player, which got us only scrubs back.

The organization paid dearly for believing in him.

#7 tinman, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  8. fattz

fattz Member

Pippen was everything one could want in a basketball player, his skill set was unmatched as any small forward. He is one of the main reasons Jordan was JORDAN. He did a lot of the dirty work to let Jordan be the hero. (Think Ariza with Harden skill set -> but kind of a puss about everything here in Houston). That said he was not fit here and acted like a POS the majority of the time he was a Rocket. He let the locker-room drama spill on to court -> a open microphone was his best friend. When he left everybody was happy.

ramotadab likes this.
  9. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Newbs copy and paste old threads instead of bumping the og. @ me

10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I thoroughly enjoyed kicking his *** out of the VIP room at St. James.

ramotadab and tinman like this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

he had less heart than TMAC

Rocket RIver

topfive likes this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No Tippin' Pippen

ROcket River

Roc Paint likes this.
  13. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

I've never seen such in-depth analysis and focus placed on stopping any one player. I know there was some about Lebron in the playoffs to force him to shoot when he's on one side and drive when he's on the other. But this is next-level obsession with our star player.

Folks in suits at ESPN are probably salivating at this sight of two former Rockets players deconstructing Harden's game.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  14. Exiled

Exiled Member

Drexeler sought retirement
    Pip. wanted to be traded
    Dream desired ears plugs
    but somehow Barkley had nothing to do with all that?

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Scottie was nevar a rocket.

We got swindled by some washed up, drunk ass, wife beater.

ramotadab and Patience like this.
  16. buffalobills!!!

These clowns... ESPN is crazy.

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

oh yeah he was the worst. i was just illustrating that lin and ryno are not even in the same tier.

tinman and Invisible Fan like this.
  18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I typically defend Dwight more than most, but he literally went on TNT and admitted that he quit on the court during several games with the Rockets, and it was apparent.

topfive likes this.
  19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

OT, Eddie Griffin (RIP), Corey Brewer, Mike Harris, Oakley, Covington, Loren Woods and Ryno are the only players I have seen in my life time of watching Rockets games that I recognize as to have worn #33.

Oakley gets bonus points for slapping the **** out of scottie as well.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

One thing that I love about ClutchFans: Year after year, from Dream to Stevie to T-Mac to Yao to Harden, from Les to Tilman, from Rudy to JVG to Adelman to Milkhair to JB to MDA, no matter how things may change...

Tinman gonna Tinman.

I sometimes think that Mario Elie pays Tinman to make sure the flame never goes out. :)