1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So the Astros 2017 title is tainted

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockets13champs, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Orbit was banging the cans. That dang ol' Orbit. ;)

2. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

3. HookemHorns1250

What the heck is wrong with people....

4. Buck Turgidson

LA fans are the shittiest of all fans. Maybe the east coast, but I don't think so.

5. HookemHorns1250

The fans banging trashcans at games is all in good fun. I could care less about that...but it crosses into a deeper problem when you start threatening people or their families.

Then you have people saying the Astros are just "playing the victim" with speaking out about the threats they are getting. No...this is proof that it's actually happening. There are some sick people.

RustyHarden, Handles, Nick and 5 others like this.
  6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. Nook

Nook Member

There are a lot of really low caliber people in Los Angeles. You can see it in their fans. Lakers fans are garbage and Dodgers fans are worse. There is the entitled garbage that circles the drain that is unique to LA, then you have the “gangsta” trash that trolls the crappy parts of LA.

Philadelphia has lots of trash, but it is the same type of trash. Los Angeles is unique in that it has multiple layers of trash.

whiskeyred, RustyHarden, lw17 and 8 others like this.
  9. Mr. Space City

Are people forgetting this is just a game?

How much of a loser do you have to be to threaten someone's life over a child's game?

whiskeyred, RustyHarden, jklb and 4 others like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Exactly. LA trash is a special type of trash.

11. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Tell me about it ... us Astros fans in SoCal have it the worst ... going out to the grocery store in my Astros shirt might get someone I dont even know to try and start something with me

12. Buck Turgidson

Look up Stow and Auffant, both got damn near beaten to death in a Dodger Stadium parking lot, 2 separate occasions....because they were wearing the wrong hat and ran across the wrong Dodger Fans.

eta: oh hell, that's not even counting the Giants fan that they murdered after a game ~15 years ago.

#3072 Buck Turgidson, Feb 23, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Fans have their signs taken :D

Fans hoping to heckle the sign-stealing Houston Astros at the team's spring opener were met with quite the coincidence.

They got their signs taken.

In the Astros' first spring training game since their sign-stealing scandal rocked baseball, some fans brought signs jeering Houston, and ballpark personnel confiscated them before the Grapefruit League opener against the World Series champion Washington Nationals on Saturday night.

Two men in Nationals gear sitting behind the Astros' dugout briefly held up crudely drawn signs just before first pitch. One read: "You see my hate?" in large block letters. Another said: "Houston *'s" to read "Houston asterisks," suggesting the Astros' 2017 World Series title should be permanently blemished because of the cheating.

The men didn't get to show off their signs for long. A woman who worked for the ballpark quickly approached to take the signs. The men didn't argue with the woman, but they did look confused as she walked away with the signs folded in her arms.

Matthew Silliman, who held one of the signs, said he didn't know they were forbidden. He drove to the game in West Palm Beach, Florida, from Tampa Bay and said he had been waiting to let the Astros know what he thinks of them.

"I'm a big Nats fan, and it's wrong," he said. "They're cheaters."

While Silliman didn't get to keep his signs, he said it wouldn't stop him from heckling the Astros with his voice.

"Oh yeah," he said. "They're going to get it all."

He didn't have long. The game was delayed because of rain after two innings and canceled about 90 minutes later when rain continued.

One fan in a Nationals jersey yelled: "Hey Altuve, are you scared to play tonight?" Others screamed "You suck!" and "Cheaters!"

About a half-dozen fans wore shirts that read "bang foul poles, not trash cans" in reference to Howie Kendrick's decisive home run for Washington in Game 7 of last year's World Series.

First-year Houston manager Dusty Baker said he didn't think the reception was "too bad" and said his team will have to get used to it.

"You'll probably get the same reception most places you go, especially the first go-round," he said. "So you've just got to put your big-boy pants on and then just try to shut it out and just play baseball and realize this too shall pass."

King1 likes this.
  14. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

I posted the Rocky training montage on my social media. Saying this was "me getting ready to travel to road games"

everyday eddie, BigM and lw17 like this.
  15. lw17

lw17 Member

Don't forget Boston, Detroit, and NY.

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Let them keep the signs as long as they aren’t offensive. Astros should sell bighead size World Series trophies and championship ring print outs. I’d buy one.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Except that it is not just a game. It is a huge business. A 10 billion dollar business.

Of course, that in no way negates your point about threats.

Nook likes this.
  18. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

no signs have been allowed in the complex since it opened

RayRay10 and BigM like this.
  19. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

There is? Because it sure seems like there’s only one team being labeled as cheaters.

Nook, msn, cmoak1982 and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.