1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So the Astros 2017 title is tainted

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockets13champs, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. astros123

astros123 Member

Dont be a b**** and apologize to those faggots. When news first broke out i was angry at the players but now I'm more pissed off at other fans. I think this has united Stros fans more then ever before. Fk everyone ass. Lets go and kick ass this season and shut everyone up. I cant wait for some Yanks fans to open their mouth at MMP...ill knock their teeth out.

They forget that they're rings in the 1990s were all tainted. Half the team were injecting PEDs in the locker room at the time. Bunch of hypocrites.

Theyt

#2881 astros123, Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  2. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

the roller coaster range of emotions through all of this is incredible. while i might be critical of the astros for putting themselves in this position to begin with, it's obvious the only reason they are being raked over the coals is that one of their own threw them under the bus. it's also apparent that these tactics weren't isolated to the astros. there are simply far too many alluding to or flat out admitting to identical sign-stealing tactics.

what i can't reconcile is the fact that so many active players would openly admonish the astros for this if other teams were also known to have been utilizing similar sign-stealing tactics. that part makes ZERO sense. also the fact that no astros players have at least hinted at other teams/players. if there are 8+ other teams implicated then i fail to see how singularly railing against the astros doesn't eventually bite everyone in the ass.

this whole thing is a ******* mess but i'll be damned if it won't make for an entertaining season. if it comes out that other teams were equally as guilty AND the astros win it all again.... wow. that would be a nuclear bomb of redemption.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Twitter sentiment already starting to turn. There was only one dumb player hot-take goaded by the media today (Steroid Giancarlo's dumb statement... even Yankee fans are like "you still need to stay healthy to hit 80 HR's dumbass")

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's actually pretty funny.

5. phasors28

phasors28 Member

">

#2885 phasors28, Feb 19, 2020
  6. phasors28

phasors28 Member

Delete

#2886 phasors28, Feb 19, 2020
  7. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

WTF I love Colin Cowherd now

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Whoa!! Cowherd drops a reality bomb.

RayRay10, everyday eddie and Deckard like this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah the tide is turning, thank god some of these blowhards make their money on being a contrarian.

10. HookemHorns1250

The next narrative will be that Astros fans just don't care that we cheated, which is just stupid. Astros fans hate that we did this. We just choose to not ignore everything else in the process.

RayRay10, Htown Stros and Rock Block like this.
  11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I have no factual basis for this, only a thought, but isn't it possible that the players on others teams KNOW they are in the clear because maybe they have inside knowledge that the investigation stops after Boston. I mean, you can be guilty as hell and say anything you want if you know the authorities are going to give your team a pass. And looking at things at they are, there isn't any evidence of investigations into other teams.

12. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Of course the comments in that thread are, tHe AsTrOS CHEATed on The RoAD Too!!1!

The WSJ mentioned Codebreaker could be used on the road but Codebreaker was about cataloging signs to educate the players so they could get the signs from second base. How else can a player legally steal signs? All teams track signs. But that WSJ article is now "fact" that the Astros cheated on the road just like a fake Beltran niece tweet and Altuve not wanting his jersey torn off is now "fact" he had a buzzer.

13. RiceRocket1

RiceRocket1 Member

I actually don’t care at all. Every team was doing something, would have been stupid not to ourselves. If other teams knew we were doing it, all they had to do was change signs to trip us up. I actually think part of why we were worse at home than on the road was getting crossed up with signs. We watched a lot of fastballs for inexplicable reasons. All the talk of the batters’ eye may have just been sitting on the wrong pitches. Stealing signs has been around forever, Manfred is just an idiot.

RayRay10, Nook, clutchdabear and 4 others like this.
  14. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

This would explain why Altuve was notable for swinging at more pitches: he wasn't using the signs.

lw17 and RayRay10 like this.
  15. JazzLakerHater

Who would ever thought Colin Cowherd and Skip Baylees would be on our side lol

CrushCity, lw17, RayRay10 and 4 others like this.
  16. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

They both live in LA I believe and are probably tired of listening to dodger fans b**** and complain about being “cheated” out of a ring. Correa said it best, they had plenty of opportunities to beat us in 17’. We won 2 HUGE games on the road in dodger stadium. If Jansen closes out the 9th in game 2, they very likely win the series. I don’t really care what the media says... I still feel like darvish was tipping his pitches that series. Bellinger sucked and they left many men on base, especially in game 7. They had two separate 3 run leads in game 5. Kershaw hung a pitch to Yuli and gave up a 3 run bomb and maeda tried to groove a fastball with 2 men on to one of the best hitters in baseball in altuve. Was the trash can stuff wrong? Absolutely. But regardless that team won the ring and the dodgers lost despite many opportunities. Bayless is usually an idiot and despite some of his b.s cowherd sometimes has some good takes IMO.

lw17, RayRay10, clutchdabear and 3 others like this.
  17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

While this is nice and true, these guys need contrarian takes. I don’t know his actual view point but the wave has been so adamantly and totally anti-Astros that’s it’s getting boring. Drumming up some pro Houston messages will get another wave and more conversation. Wait was that team actually talented? Don’t the metrics show that sign stealing is really marginally useful? Wasn’t everyone doing this? It’s possible we start getting some more positive takes in the interest of stirring the hornets nest.

RayRay10 and Rock Block like this.
  18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Exactly. Darvish got rocked at home in game 7. He’s a little b****.

lw17, RayRay10 and clutchdabear like this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I think both just like going against the grain and saying stuff to get clicks and views.

They can't ever be part of the crowd.

I will take it.

phasors28, Rock Block and BigM like this.
  20. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Can someone tweet Rosenthal and the rest of his media brethren and politely ask when when the “broader issue” will be addressed or is that just Rosenthals own version of fake news??

RayRay10 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.