1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So much for Continuity

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Nov 24, 2015.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Not taking his side in the argument. I think he was just teasing the fact that your keyboard, for whatever reason, was flipping the "s" for the "c".

1 person likes this.
  2. basketballholic

Yeah, you're jealouc. defense/defence, it doecn't matter. Speaking of fools. You're the one that apparently bought the story about "defined role". I have pointed out to you in repeated posts now that that story doesn't add up. And I'm not playing insider here. I have tried to get info from my sources and their connections have been very tight-lipped about the whole saga. Which simply tells me that there is more to the story than what is out there. But that doesn't mean that there aren't other members here who know the truth of the situation.

And yes the "s" and "c" thing was a joke. You gotta laugh and not take yourself so seriously.

#42 basketballholic, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  3. marky :)

marky :) Member

I have reports and information about a thing for certain stuff but I won't reveal it. I make this general non-informative statement on stuff so that when actual information is revealed I can claim I knew about it all along thus proving that I communicate regularly with Murrey, Dwert, and Haren

4. malakas

malakas Member

oh lol I do that on purpose because that's how I have learned to spell it in english classes. Actually it was a pretty big deal that resulted in getting bad grades in orthography. ;)

1 person likes this.
  5. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Didn't Clutch mentioned something on the podcast the other day about Smith being "offended" this past offseason as (at least part of) the reason he didn't re-sign with the Rockets? I would assume that had something to do with the way Morey made KJ a higher priority than Smith.

I don't know how much truth there is to that, but it sounds reasonable... I mean, to go from being the starting PF of a WCF team to getting passed over for a rookie who never made it off the bench - that would probably tick me off too, yaknow?

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Just responding now to this and your rep comments but no worries....I kinda understand where you're coming from. I never really misspelled words at all until I learned foreign languages; then, if the word was similar in the other language to its English equivalent, I'd find myself second-guessing for the first time in my life.

Your English is actually better than a lot of posters here, and they were born into the language. (Ahem.)

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

ROCKETS....

ROCKETS....

ROCKETS....

7. basketballholic

Clutch's words at approximately 27:35

"at least part of the perception at that time was part of the why Josh Smith was offended was he was waiting for KJ McDaniels, the Rockets were waiting for KJ McDaniels and obviously KJ McDaniels was not in the rotation had some impact...."

Another key statement Clutch slyly made a little earlier in the podcast is that Josh Smith, "got along with just about everybody".

LOL

Josh Smith DID NOT get along with everybody. I don't know if that's why Clutch phrased his comment that way. But ....... Josh Smith did get along with just about everybody.... but not everybody. LOL

8. malakas

malakas Member

LOL and LOL by mr insider and his sauces. If you are really an insider you would straight up say what you "know" instead of trying to boost your sense of self importance by dropping fake hints.

9. basketballholic

No, you don't. And that's why you have no sauces.

10. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

LMFBO Im crying LOL. Repped

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

One thing people have never considered is that maybe we never needed changes from our team two years ago. The loss to Portland skewered what we thought of alot of our players.

But that was a freakish loss.

As well as players like Ariza, Brewer and Smith played last season; in all likelihood, we still could have won 57 wins had we kept Lin and Parsons and Asik. I know, some players it wasnt up to us, but I'm just saying Harden's elevated play got us the second seed last year, not Moreys moves.

Im not anti-Morey, without him we wouldnt have gotten Harden. Just thinking out loud

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Logically speaking there is no "both", you either care or you don't care. I'm not the one who needs to figure it out here, you need to sort out your thoughts first before you go posting around.

Ok so what's your point? Your entire definition of continuity being gone is because we don't have a 3rd banana, your point about arguing who the 3rd banana is has no room in the discussion, it is totally unrelated to your point about continuity I have no idea why you even typed it.

What are you talking about?Injuries are the reason why the Rox have a low continuity in minutes played, Dwight, Dmo and Bev are all injured and we traded a bunch of role players for Lawson how do you think that's gonna impact continuity this season? Josh Smith is the only important player from last year who isn't here this year, you looking at stats when half the team is injured and saying we don't have continuity is just plain dumb.

Didn't your other post say you're not sure if JSmith would be a net positive? Now you're saying the rox lost the window of contention when he left. WTF? I agree with you continuity is not important if the Rox are not a contender, but obviously Morey and a lot of people thought the Rox were a contender so continuity is important. Smoove leaving is indeed a blow, however you are exaggerating his impact because if everyone was healthy its not like he would be playing 30 mins a night, with Dmo, Tjones and Harrell playing the PF spot how many minutes would JSmith have gotten? Lawson was supposed to fill the playmaking and 3rd option gap, if he played as expected and the Rox were healthy as last year and Harden played as expected then there would have been no problems.

A lot of the NBA is based on assumptions, as a normal human being Morey can't predict the future and can only make reasonable guesses on what will happen. Based on the fact that the Rox went to WCF last year and were able to trade for a talented player like Lawson I think its reasonable to expect that the team would be seen as a contender and thus manage the team accordingly.

TLDR:You have already made so many posts but I have no idea what you're trying to say since you contradict yourself with your statements.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

There's no way the Rox would have reached the WCF last year if the trades didn't happen because Asik and Lin were making 15M combined and Parsons was offered a max contract at 15M by Dallas, and you're crazy if you think Ariza, Brewer and Smith isn't way better than Lin, Asik and Parsons. Considering Parsons got injured during playoff time it is pretty guaranteed the Rox wouldn't have reached the WCF last year if the trades didn't happen.