1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So...I've Been Wearing My Pants Wrong for a Long Time

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hotballa, Mar 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

So I've just discovered that I've been wearing my pants wrong for years.

Basically, ever since I tore my ACL and messed up my ankles, I have not been able to participate in intense sports activities (namely basketball). Unfortunate side effect of this is my waistline has grown steadily from a 34 to a 41 in the last 10 years.

I'm sure most of us married or over 30 guys can relate to that horrible feeling you have as you realize that your body shape is getting rounder and that the pants don't sit the same way anymore. You either let that sucker go under your belly and cinch it so tight that you crush an internal organ or two, or you spend the entire damn day picking up your pants and worrying about plumber's crack.

I've discovered that if you loop the pants over your hips (where your wasitline should be), and let the front dip under your stomach and then tighten your belt (no need to crush internal organs), the pants will stay on almost the same way as before you became the fat ass you are right now. Kinda almost like forming a parabola with the tummy going in the vertex.

Maybe not a big deal to the young ballers we got on the board, but you will thank me for this when your body shape gets rounder for whatever reason.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

lols at the tags

crack deal

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ nice. haha :grin:

Yes. Yes, I have a beer belly now that I'm MARRIED WITH CHILDREN, hotballa. Thanks. :mad:

4. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

LMAO!!! That's how I wear them. I've been hovering around 36-38 for the last few years. That's down from 42 at my largest. I've been hitting the gym trying to lose the fat. At 43 years old, the fat does not melt away like it used to.

5. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

props to you man. I'm 37 and feel like it takes me a month of ski machines and lifting to work off what 2 hours of full court basketball would do.

6. Falcons Talon

LOL. I know that feeling. 6"1, 250 lbs. I'm in the gym two hours after work every day, one hour of strength training, one hour on the spin cycle. I've gained 8 lbs, from 242 since I really got back into the gym 4 months ago and reshaped my body a little bit. 5 years ago, I would have already dropped a large amount of fat. The gym guys say I'm leaner, but I don't know if their just trying to be positive.

7. SacTown

SacTown Member

I'm married and over 30 and don't have this problem at all what so ever. What a sad thought to think a young man in his 30s has to look like **** simply because he's a certain age and of a certain marital status.

8. SacTown

SacTown Member

It's not about what you do at the gym it's about what you do in the kitchen.

9. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

#9 DCkid, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  10. Falcons Talon

You can't outwork a bad diet. My GF makes sure I eat right.

11. SwoLy-D

I still can't figure out what you mean, hotballa. Pic?
    Man, I'm not telling you where the missus and I have the secks. That's too much info, man. :p

Why can't you do that on your own? WILL POWER, man! Power of the mind! :cool:

12. Falcons Talon

I can Swoly. Jeez. Relax a little.

13. SwoLy-D

That's not how I understood it... I read it as "I cannot so she does." :p She shouldn't have to or we don't have to know she does!

14. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

you know what else will make you lose weight? breaking up with your SO. no one to cook for you and no fancy dinners. just been on a steady diet of tilapia and vegetables. :)

15. Falcons Talon

Well then, you assumed too much.

My gf loves to eat healthy. I've dropped 70 lbs, even before I knew her. I lose more weight alone than when I'm with someone. She makes sure we don't go crazy eating like so many happy couples do. Although she makes sure I eat. She like a man with some meat on his bones.

16. cdeezballz

cdeezballz Member

I think I've seen that style of belt looping. It's the one where it looks like the belly is resting on the belt, because it's so large??

[​IMG]

17. SwoLy-D

OK, now the game changes. Now she makes sure for BOTH. :) Did you see the change?

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This thread makes me depressed. Full of expanding waistlines and significant other talk. My life is awesome.

19. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I'm confused are we talking about left or right handed pants here.

20. Falcons Talon

WTH are you talking about.