1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, how far do you think we'll go in the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Mar 16, 2017.

?

So, how far do you think we'll go in the playoffs?

1. First round exit

6.0%
  2. Semis

24.1%
  3. WCF

34.5%
  4. NBA Finals

9.5%
  5. Get ready for a parade

38.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AFS

AFS Member

Sorry, I wasn't clear. When I said semis, I meant the Western Conference semifinal (the round between the first round and the WCF). Basically, I expect them to win the first series and everything after that is gravy.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  2. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

All the way RedNation

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Cool, thought you were @ABS there for a moment.

AFS likes this.
  4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

RIP :(

5. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I would predict a loss in the second round whether the Spurs or Warriors were the opponent. However, I don't consider the Rockets incapable of beating both, I just think that without HCA their chances are in the neighborhood of 40% for either one (*25% for GSW if Durant comes back at 95% strength but I actually don't think he will), which would imply about a 15% chance of beating both and making the finals.

6. AFS

AFS Member

What, did he get banned?

7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Idk if he got banned or deleted his account but he is gone unfortunately :(

8. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

I wanna see us make it to the Finals versus the Celtics, and we get revenge on them for beating us twice in the 80's.

PyroTex likes this.
  9. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

I remember both of those Finals well. That is when I realized Dream would take us to the top someday. I was still pumped from PhiSlamaJama

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  10. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I really think we can beat SA in a 7-game series. It'll be close as all hell, but even with the 1-3 season series loss vs them, I felt like we were the superior team for much of those four games. Our best is better than theirs, but SA prides themselves on consistency, as they always have. In the last loss, we showed our firepower early, but they kept chipping away and we were unable to revisit that early explosiveness for the last three quarters.

I think GS, even with KD not at 100% is the favorite against everybody besides maybe playoff-LeBron and a fully clicking/healthy CLE team (again, only if KD is not fully himself -- they're easily the favorites if he's healthy).

So it really comes down to who gets the #1 and who gets the #2 seed. If SA gets the #2 seed, we get a fantastic draw as the #3, and a great chance of reaching the WCF.

The only other team I'd really want to avoid is Utah. They're too long, deep and defensively tough for us to get in a consistent rhythm against them. But they're locked in for the #4 (or #5) seed, and with us locked in at #3, we'll almost certainly avoid them.

A healthy/clicking Clippers team would be tough, but they haven't really been either this year. Memphis would rough us up, like they do with everybody, but I think we'd prevail in 6. OKC is pretty simple to defend, the only concern is that they guard Harden well with Roberson and length inside. But even then, they'd probably push us to 6 at best, I'd say 5 might be more likely.