1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, how far do you think we'll go in the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Mar 16, 2017.

?

So, how far do you think we'll go in the playoffs?

1. First round exit

6.0%
  2. Semis

24.1%
  3. WCF

34.5%
  4. NBA Finals

9.5%
  5. Get ready for a parade

38.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. HTM

HTM Member

Swwyygyyy down low voted first round exit.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Depends who stops our shooting. If we are scoring 100 plus points in the playoffs, we are winning it all

3. MystikArkitect

If GSW fall to second we will make it to the Finals.

Dantoni and Harden have a lot to prove. Cleveland vs Houston would be hella fun.

jae713 likes this.
  4. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Richmond Ave. here I come, or is it Washington Ave here I come?!?!?!?

5. steveng125

steveng125 Member

It always seems to be one of the greatest games each season. Cleveland vs houston would have huge ratings

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Don't look now, but we could very well end up playing the Clippers in that 3-6 matchup instead of OKC/Memphis. The Clippers are in a tailspin and are now only a half game ahead of OKC and 1 game ahead of Memphis for that 5th spot. The ideal scenario would be for OKC to get 5th, Memphis to get 6th, and the Clippers to get 7th. The Clippers play the Spurs tough and could give them a really good series, and we should have no problems handling Memphis.

arabrocket likes this.
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

If we win it all I'll go streaking on the kemah bridge.

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Its all gonna come down to how good we are clicking when we go in.

If we base it off of right this instant I say Semis' or WCF . Some of our X factors are in a bit of a rut and to me , EJ , Ryan, and Trev need to play at a higher level for us to go further.

I'd say right now Bev, James, Clint and Nene are playing at or above expectations.

So 4 out of our 10 guys are playing hot. 3 of them are struggling a bit.

Lou Will, I don't have enough info on him yet to see how he is playing vs his normal level. He may just be streaky .. which is OK , depending on who else is playing well.

I think both Dekker and Harrell have tremendous potential as great role players , but for right now, for this playoff run, neither's play will make us or break us as they don't play that much anyways.

For me to say we can make it to or win the finals we have to improve on these facets.

- Individually
    Trev needs his legs back
    Ryan needs to grow a pair
    EJ needs to improve his shot selection and play up to his potential on D

Now at one point during the season , all of those guys have done these things . So they just need to be doing them going into and throughout the playoffs.

The guys not mentioned need to maintain their current form and step up accordingly in the postseason.

- As a team
    Our level of defensive communication and effort needs to go up
    Wing defense is an issue that might have to be solved schematically if Trev is not up to the task.

Overall, weve got a real shot to win. But, the coach needs to make adjustments to allow some guys to get into a better spot for the playoffs.

9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Man, we'll see if they even make the playoffs. Perhaps they could get the 8th seed and get revenge on GSW for 2007.

I'm just glad we're locked in at the 3 seed and we'll see GSW in the WCF. :)

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yep. This year's title may not go to the best team, but rather to the hottest one. I'm hoping the Rox don't get another streak going until the last 5 or 6 games of the regular season.

11. alethios

alethios Member

you need something to wash it down with...
    [​IMG]

Plowman likes this.
  12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Really hard to say. I am really worried about the playoffs and the system we run. That second run will show us. If we can get past either the spurs or warriors in the second round then we're going to the finals.

Plowman likes this.
  13. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

It all depends if there is an upset our not. Warriors or Spurs get knocked out in the second round. We good to go.

14. thekad

thekad Member

Playoff picture looks great right now with OKC in the first round and San Antonio in the second. Clippers dropping to 6th an/or GSW dropping to 2nd would make me a lot less confident of a long playoff run.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Too much variance due to how dependent they are on their shooting to make a prediction for me at least. This team can go cold enough to exit out of the first round and be hot enough at the right time and go all the way.

16. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I believe he was referring to the 2nd round, the Western Conference semi-final.

My personal vote is championship. @Dream Shook

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

FB convinced me, Plowman. With the addition of Williams, we are loaded with scorers besides Harden. If Lou has one or two big games in a series, it can be the difference, and if not Lou, there are others quite capable of getting hot. Our defense remains a problem, but if we score like we're capable of scoring, I think it can be good enough.

I don't see a team we can't beat in a series. Have to play the games and prove it.

Hakeemtheking and Plowman like this.
  18. OTMax

OTMax Member

I fear our threes will stop falling and we just don't have the toughness nor the strategy to beat teams when we're not and since we meet Spurs or Warriors in the 2nd round, I'd say Semis is highly likely. We should go at least to the WCF for the post-season to be a a success or a tough 7 game series in the semis, giving us promise for the future with this style and system. If not, then I seriously hope we start to see we need more defense and Morey will look for those players.

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Injuries to higher seeds make the Finals very possible, but the pessimist in me still thinks "Semis".

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And if we win that, we will make it to the Finals. The Western Conference finals. :)