1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So far I am sick of Francis and his game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mantronix, Nov 27, 1999.

1. Lifetime Rocket

Lifetime Rocket New Member

I don't understand how you can complain about Francis. He is easily our most exciting player, and he is one of the main reasons that we are in a lot of these games. I think that one of the reasons that we lost to Phoenix tonight was because he got hurt and couldn't play. I will agree that he tries to get too fancy sometimes, but that is his game and a lot of the younger players in the NBA also. He is also learning to play point guard and he is doing it against some of the all time greats to start the season. Give the kid a break, he is and will be an awesome player for many years to come.

2. mhan

mhan Member

kobe bryant over vince carter any day of the week. the kid has flat out game. he can dunk like carter, and his jumper is light years ahead of anything vince can do (right now anyways).

plus, kobe's defense kicks vince carter's all over the floor. have you watched kobe play and vince play? vince's man d is piss poor, while kobe comes every game with the potential to shut down his man.

kobe's numbers have gone up by a significant margin every year he has been in the league. plus, he is only twenty one, with years to learn.

as you can tell, i am a kobe bryant fan [​IMG]

francis: rookie. 'nuff said.

3. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

You so crazzzyyy!!!!! I've been watching Carter since he was in high school, actualy a week after he graduated high-school, (I watched the high-school dunk contest where Vince Carter dunked from a foot behind the free-throw line, kid just threw it down) when Golden State drafted Carter I called my friend to tell him we can go watch the new "Human Highlight Reel" on a nightly basis( cuz I have GS season Tix) by the time I had dialed the damn number Gs traded him for Jammison, they gave Carter someone else and some cash for Jammison, who the whole world knew was going to be no more than a skinnier Danny Fortson, and not a lotto pick. Vince Carter has blown me away with his game, he is a complete player in only his second year, great D, great handle for his position, can post you up, has a shot beyond the arc and is one of the few players that will actualy stop and hit the j while driving to the basket add that to his gravity defying hops and you have the next Dominique Wilkins at the least. I am too smart to compare him to Mj, there can only be one Jordan and as much as I hated Mj he is the best ever that I have personaly watched.

Ps Kobe is no slouch but ViCks Raptor rubs is the most complete young player I have seen in the past 5 years. I am a sports fanatic so I watch everything, and being in the west coast helps me be able to watch everyone.

Memo to Megatron...... Francis has to be the second best thing to ever happen to this franchise next to Dream. In about 15 years he might even surpass Dream who knows, but one thing is 4 show and that is Steve Francis is the baddest Pg I have ever seen and that includes my man Marburry, and if you want to include Iverson then include him to.

----------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day

[This message has been edited by Scarface (edited December 02, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Scarface (edited December 02, 1999).]

4. francis23

francis23 Member

Hey Mantronix.....

Here's what you should do with your post....

Write this down..Shine It Up Real Good...Turn That Post You Wrote...Sideways...
    AND STICK STRAIGHT UP YOUR CANDY@SS!!!!!

(PROPS TO THE ROCK)

FRANCIS IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!

------------------
    "Heres Francis quick crossover left to right,
    Oh he Burns Stoudamire, and flushes it in Pippens Face"

5. mhan

mhan Member

hmmm, okay scarface, you are entitled to your opinion and i am entitled to mine. from the games i have seen, carters man d is weak, and his jumper is weaker. he can hit it if he is on a roll, but other than that . . . maybe i am just his jinx, and every game i see, he sucks in! [​IMG]

6. treeman

treeman Member

You're apparently not watching the games.

He's going to end up averaging over 20 pts/gm, 5-8 rpg, 4-9 apg, and I hope 70%+ FT shooting...

The man is a point factory, and he will eventually make his team better with assists. Notice the last couple of games when he has close to 10 assists and close to 0 TOs... A total turnaround from the preseason.

Stevie's the man. Stevie IS the Rockets for the next few years - given that they can keep him (which may be hard to do).

7. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Mhan I watch both of these guys with a my magnifying lenses pointed to the screens, Kobe has one thing going for him that Carter never will and that is media hype so when Kobe does something good it is EVERYWHERE, but with Vince you see it if you look hard enough. Carters Raptors are not on Tv to much so I don't know how you have seen to many games, but with Kobe the guy is erratic, he has very efficient drives to the basket and has a VERY good post-up game probably better than Mr. Carter, both are streaky shooters and can be hot and cold. As far as their D's are concerned Carter is a notch better in this category, Kobe will get his defensive highlights on every chanel but you will not find any of Carter's blocks, steals, rebounds, and just plain D on the sports shows. When I say I have watched both extensively I mean it. Kobe's D on Pippen last year was legendary until game 3 of the playoffs but other than those games he has never really shown me that much defensive intensity to put him over Carter as a better defender, however one could make an argument that Kobe doesn't need to waste that much energy on defense for the Lakers to win, which I would agree on but then I remember how great of a defender Eddie Jones was and how well he played offensively on that same team. So for me I would have to go with Carter.
    It would be interesting if Carter was in La and Kobe was in Toronto who would you like better????

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day

8. napster

napster Member

Vince Carter....NOT HYPED? Are we taling about the same guy? Isn't he Mr. Next Jordan Except he can jump higher? A lot of Kobe's hype has gone off him, especially with the injury. Kobe has good D, but gets lazy. Carter is hyped like crazy. Go to nba.com to see. Kobe is hype, but I think he has game to back it up. Carter does too, but we need to realize that Kobe will be the next Kobe, Carter the next Carter, and Francis the next Francis.

9. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

AirFrancis, where is mantronix ? Yep, stevie needs to cut his crap out. Those near back to back triple doubles and outplaying Kidd and Bibby has got to go.

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

10. treeman

treeman Member

What? What???!!!!?

Sh*t, Stevie effectively neutralizes the big men on other teams. Most importantly, he effectively negates the performance of any given team's big point player - especially point Guards.

For every point they score, he's worth a point and a third.

He may not yet be a true point guard, but he's rapidly getting there... I predict that Gary Payton will foul out on a T on their next meeting - His mouth will give us points.
    (PS, I voted for Payton and Stevie for the Western All-Stars). Hehehe...

Stevie's learning. It's getting more interesting to watch him each game, too...