1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So far I am sick of Francis and his game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mantronix, Nov 27, 1999.

1. mantronix

mantronix Member

That is so far and I hope it changes but I am just sick of this bullsh#t with all the uncalled fancyness. He turns the ball over soooo much by himself with out anybody doing nothing. He is a gunner and this needs to stop. At this point in his career he is not a clutch player and not a smart player. The guy needs to understand that not every last play has to be a highlight. Last night instead of just laying it up he choose to get superfancy and the result was a miss and Cato spraining his ankle.

2. You do realize he's a rookie right????

You do realize you could of put this with your other topic, combining the two posts (which state the same basic idea) and saved Clutch the server space, right??

3. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

If you are sick of his game than you are not watching the right game. He is the best player we have and finally we have a player that I could honestly say I love watching. He may be a bit to spectacular but I tell you what, he is my favorite player. He has a heart of a champion. Did you see him on the floor at the end of the game. Him and Cat are two players that are the most intense on our team. That is what makes these two players unique and hopefully great.

4. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Thanks Mant,

I've been waiting for someone to complain about Stevie...he was the last one left unblemished. Now we have finally b*tched about every player on the team...oops...did anyone slam Thomas yet?

Oh well, one left.

5. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Mantronix:

It's a learning process. Do you not realize that Steve Francis is the most exciting player we've had in over 15 years? He's not just going to come in and take the league over and not make any mistakes. That is what veterans do. The guy is only 21. Let's give him time for his mistakes and commend his growth and acheivements.

[This message has been edited by thacabbage (edited November 27, 1999).]

6. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

mantronix, are you saying this just becuz stevie had a bad game ? Cuz before portland, he was clearly our most productive player. Yes, he turns the ball over alot, but so did glenn robinson and scottie pippen. That just comes from handling the ball alot.
    As far as his fancyness, I just attribute that to his enthusiasm and youth, and i for one would rather watch him then an aveage avery johnson type point guard. The guy is averaging 17 points, 6 assists and 4 boards i think, so he's gettin the job done. No, he's not perfect, but even even garnett had an off-night last week.

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

7. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Now...

Since we are defending Francis for his "uncalled fancyness" and that "he is a gunner and this needs to stop", then should we defend Kobe Bryant when people say that about him also?

------------------
    Live Rocketball. Breathe Rocketball. Die with Rocketball.

8. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, defend Kobe because his mistakes are over-hyped. Having had the opportunity to watch most of the guys games, I still don't see him as "bad" of a player as people try to make him out to be.

9. Primetime

Primetime Member

Kobe Brynat can kiss my ass. Too much hype for someone a notch below Vince Carter (who gets no run) and others. Back to business: 10 assists and 0 turnovers. Game saving shot and go ahead shot in OT. Toying with anyone who guards him. Unbelieveable pass off the backboard to himself for a bucket. Clutch drive and score in final minutes.

Memo to all haters: Kid has game like no one we in Houston have ever seen. He makes his shots in a variety of ways, all of which are entertaining. I won't leave my TV set for one second if Francis is playing, so don't hate on the man for being more gifted than the average baller. We are lucky to have a future all star for the next millenium of the NBA so you better appreciate it, or should we bring back Matt Maloney?

------------------
    Look out, The Kid is about to blow up!

10. verse

verse Contributing Member

amen, primetime, amen....

although i do like kobe. you're right about vince, though. i'd take him over kobe in a heartbeat. talk about the next jordan....

11. Finalfantasy

Finalfantasy Member

Amen. Amen. I agree with things you said, but I prefer that brat Kobe Bryant to Vince Carter, I doubt Vince has any serious game like Jordan does other than hops and dunks. Kobe nearly outperformed Jordan in that all star game. Going head to head against MJ is more serious than some highlight dunks ya know.

[This message has been edited by Finalfantasy (edited December 01, 1999).]

12. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

I don't know why people have a problem with Kobe. We had some L/R passes to a Lakers/Sixers game. After the game, some kids who were with us kids were treated exceptionally well by Kobe (and Horry), who hung around for autographs and pictures. One kid had all Sixer-gear including Iverson's shoes. Iverson, with headphones and bodyguards, walked past all without flinching.

13. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

I think one of the reasons people don't like Kobe is because he is so damn popular. He hasn't done anything in the NBA to deserve what he gets.
    You always see him on commercials and on the highlights on ESPN. All the bandwaggoning fans are in love with him. The kids like him because of his dunks.

Here in Houston, we have one of the greatest players of all time, yet some kids don't even know who he is.

I think it's not really Kobe's fault. He is a nice guy and he cares about winning. Sometimes he tries to do too much, but you can't take anything away from his desire to win that championship.

------------------
    Francis+Charles+Dream-Pippen= Rockets 2000 NBA
    Champions

14. JeffB

Supporting Member

Exactly, Ace. [​IMG] Kobe is a great person and a great player. He was just annointed by the NBA marketing gurus before he did anything woth noting. I think the NBA ad machine is as much to blame for ignoring Hakeem as the national media.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't like kobe for Various Reasons.
    He is just annoying to me. . . . I don't think he is as good as Vince [I think Odom will be closer to the real deal than Kobe]
    Kobe is trying to be the Star
    While I say Jordon Trying to Win.

Plus I Must admit .. . the way he Treated the
    Draft [ALA Francis] Left a Sour Taste in my mouth . .

Kobe = Pippen
    Vince/Steve/Odom = Jordon

How many Years Kobe been in the league?
    Still making Rookie Mistakes? [D*mn the
    he young sh*t . . If you take the Job Do the Job. . . If 3 yrs from now Steve still making rookie Mistakes. . . I'll be yakking about him too.]

Rocket River
    Just not a Kobe Fan . . .

16. JeffB

Supporting Member

Funny, people were saying the same stuff about Jordan before he won his first title.

Kobe wants to be a star (like MJ, who had to be convinced by Phil to share the ball more) but he always wants to win, no matter what.

17. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I don't like Kobe 'cuz he's not a Rocket.

18. bballfanatic

bballfanatic Member

I can't believe anyone would complain about Stevie Francis! He is our franchise player, and he is clutch and guts! Sometimes he dribbles a little too much but he is a rookie. He also has made great strides in his game in this short season. Criticizing Steve Francis serves no purpose - you have to go with your best player.

I would take Vince Carter over Kobe Bryant. Don't really know why.

19. Air Francis

Air Francis Member

mantronix,

Are you feeling ridiculous yet?

20. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Thats exactly what i was going to say. What the hell kind of post is that. You must be on drugs.