1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So according to former Laker Kurt Rambis, Rockets is still rebuilding team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hcw128, Mar 18, 2012.

Tags:
?

Is rockets a rebuilding team?

1. Yes, rockets suck as bad as Wizards and Bobcats etc...

31 vote(s)
    23.7%
  2. HELL NO! WE GONNA BE CHAMPIONZ DIS JUNE!!!!!

32 vote(s)
    24.4%
  3. Maybe

68 vote(s)
    51.9%
  1. hcw128

hcw128 Member

2. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

No, this is a current championship favorite.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Well, we're not a championship contender yet, so by definition we are still rebuilding. We're "rebuilding on the fly", trying to stay somewhat competitive and have winning records while we do it.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Only three, now 4 "veteran" players on their roster not including Fisher. That looks like rebuilding to me. Even the Wizards have 4 veterans on their roster.

5. Juck_The_Fazz

Juck_The_Fazz Member

isnt miami the favorite??

6. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

We are rebuilding, but we are a competitive rebuilding team.

They're just not use to us, given that were being innovators! ;) :grin:

7. conquistador#11

we don't rebuild we just assetsorize. Rambis better watch it or else he might get closelined.

8. Grape_Swisha281

while the media wants to call us a rebuilding team many of us here on clutchfans tend to feel were a "competitive" team but the reality of the fact is till we land a superstar player and actual closer to take over the game and put us on tv so that the national media can give us a lil hype and maybe attract another superstar to come play here.... still holding out hope for DWill And DHoward one can dream right

9. Grape_Swisha281

a team of assets is obviously a rebuilding team, tbh there isnt really any untouchable player on this team... so yes were rebuilding just not the old hey lets suck and make our players miserable and fans not want to watch but the hey lets just get better every year and hope 1 of our players *Cough*Kyle Lowry *cough* becomes a top 10 position player and trade him for a star lol

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Funny.

Rebuilding team who is slightly above mediocre. There's nothing special or outstanding about them, yet they are not completely horrible or inept.

This team cannot be our final product to compete for a title going into the future, while we do need an infusion of talent and quality players.

11. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

We're not seriously trying to contend just trying to stay above .500 cause Les doesn't want to suck. As is we aren't winning a championship anytime in the future because we aren't able to draft a young superstar.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Wow great choices -

Yes , the Rockets are rebuilding - No , they arent as bad as the Wizards and Bobcats.

I dont see them beating a team like OKC , Chicago , Miami or Orlando in a seven game series.

I think they can beat the likes of the Clippers , Spurs , Mavs , Griz , T-Pups or Lakers pending they are healthy. At the worst , I think they are a tough out for any team they face in a seven game series.

Continued building is probably a better term to describe this roster.

1 person likes this.
  13. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Anyone notice Rambis make Fish out to be the victim here?

Luck the Faker frat boys!

1 person likes this.
  14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The problem is we're NOT rebuilding. I wish we sucked as bad as the Wizards or the Bobcats. At least then I'd have draft day to look forward to. As is, the Rockets are providing me with no hope for the present season or the future. Squeaking into the playoffs in a league in which over half the teams make the playoffs does not make you a good team and it should not be the goal.

15. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I voted "WE GONNA BE CHAMPIONZ." Don't believe that at all, but that option is just awesome.

16. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

If you have no hope, then why do you still feel the need to comment and follow the forums? Might as well move onto another team like the Bobcats who are doing it "the right way". I'll never understand this mentality:

"I've given up hope, this team is going nowhere. I'm going to post on the message board so people can agree with me and hopefully I can bring them down to my level of misery. People that have hopes for this team are fools, because there is obviously no hope, that's why I continue to follow the team and make posts about them."

1 person likes this.
  17. kyle_R

kyle_R Member

Maybe it's his home team and he's not just going to abandon it like you would? Perhaps you shouldn't be posting on here if you think giving up and moving on to another team is so easy?

18. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

He just said he had no hope for this team, much like alot of pro-tankers on this board. If you told your child "I have no hope for you, you don't do things the right way", does that not sound like abandonment?

Main point: This team causes alot of you so much grief, to the point that you spew the same negative opinion over and over, in different forms. Why torture yourself? :rolleyes:

There's alot of people here like myself that do have alot of "hope" for this team, and are excited about the playoffs as well as the offseason moves that could happen. You're either trying to convince these type of people that their wrong, or you're trying to console yourself by getting people to agree with you.

19. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

we're gonna be the lowest seed to win a championship !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Member

I do feel for Derek Fisher but at the end of the day, you're a professional and you gotta man up, pack your bags, and get moving. Save the moping after you get bought out.