1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, about Asik's Injury...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treeman, Dec 21, 2013.

1. treeman

treeman Member

I should say "Injury", I guess. He hasn't set foot on the court since our 12/2 loss against Utah (remember that one?). He reportedly has a thigh contusion. For you non-doctors out there that means he has a bruise on his thigh. So... Anybody ever had a bruise on their thigh sideline them for three weeks straight?

My point is this: Asik is full of it. We all know it.

GET YOUR A$$ OFF THE PINE AND PLAY. Earn your millions. Be patient, you will get your trade and your start somewhere else, but it will have to wait. But you are getting PAID lots of money to play for THIS team, and you are shirking your obligation. Be a man and earn your freaking money.

It is in your interest to play - and play hard. The Rockets are under no obligation to trade you. You can ride pine for two years and go play in China when your contract is over, but NO TEAM IN THE NBA will give you a contract after you demonstrate that you are not willing to play if you don;t get your way. You are not that talented.

Make the best of it. Snap out of this funk. Help us, and we will help you.

1 person likes this.
  2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You're gonna look like a fool before this thread is locked.

3. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Pretty sure you talked about it in another thread and people explained to you that you're wrong. Asik injured his thigh, now there's swelling in his knee,i t's not going away, he's seen another doctor... so why do you still start a thread about it? Asik is not full of it. You are.

THE.MAN.IS.INJURED. GET.OVER.IT.

4. treeman

treeman Member

And is that why we couldn't trade him?

5. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

And you're so abreast of his injury situation? :rolleyes:

FYI, Asik has been battling more than the thigh contusion, he's been having problems with swelling and excess fluids in his knees for a while now. His injury situation is real.

As much as we would all like to see him on the court, and as much as he was at fault for making his complaints public, this thread adds absolutely nothing to the discussion.

6. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Op reveals how rockets fans appreciate their best defensive player last season.
    SMH. I don't think fans really need to worry about contract and trade. Basically none of your fans ****ty business. Les is the man. And Morey will be in charge of this. If you don't like Asik still be here situation go blame Morey.

7. jacoby

jacoby Member

Didn't Omer Asik have double knee surgeries before he came to the Rockets? Let's hope they aren't chronic .

8. treeman

treeman Member

And yes, I mentioned it in another thread (why wouldn't I?). I'd like to see a link to a report on his injury, please. I'll believe it if I see it from an external source, preferably a team source. Otherwise, I don't buy it.

How was this injury sustained?

9. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Can't fake swelling. Was very, very large and obvious at time, about a week ago. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/DAmadorC">@DAmadorC</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen">@Jonathan_Feigen</a> are Asiks injuries real?</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/413864031498149888">December 20, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I will say I'm still SHOCKED more hasn't been made about the swelling in his knee. We could be looking at an ongoing problem for the year. We won't be able to trade him OR play him.

11. treeman

treeman Member

Which sounds quite odd. What would cause a three week old bruise to swell like that? A week old tweet from Feigen doesn't quite do it for me.

So, are we to believe that Asik hasn't been merely sulking this whole time? I remain unconvinced that this is merely a straightforward injury issue.

12. treeman

treeman Member

If this turns out to be true then we have bigger problems than my making an erroneous thread. We'd have an $8.3 million lemon that we'd potentially be be stuck with through another season.

13. Blaushark

Blaushark Member

FINALLY.....someone speaks the same language as me... yes, its not our biz.. Just enjoy and support our team, no matter who's on the floor. Thats genuine fans do..;)

2 people like this.
  14. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Take a hike. I thought you were looking for information. Turns out you're looking for an argument out of thin air. Who cares if you're convinced.

Shame on me.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Maybe its a blessing in disguise. If the media doesn't highlight it and just thinks Asik is being an ******* and refusing to play then his value won't plummet.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's likely the damage was there since the injury, but just looked and felt like a contusion. Once Asik started trying too get back, or maybe simply with time, it swelled up and it became apparent to them it was more than just a bruise from an errant knee to the thigh.

17. QazQay

QazQay Member

Asik is so intent on not playing he purposefully injured his knee and induced swelling

18. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

Lol of course. Next thing you know he'll ask haynesworth to fall on his foot so he won't have to be even longer

19. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

who would do that. Asik is not dumb. If he wants to be a tarter why would he sabotage his health and chances.

20. cerophilik

cerophilik Member