1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Snapshot of the Current Roster. Where we are now & what's next...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cdrive, Jul 5, 2016.

1. amaru

amaru Member

That roster makes me sad. I only see one guy that would even start on a contender :(

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'd like to see the team sign another big and retain DMo .... Meyers Leonard is at or near the top of my list as he can rebound , pass and has some range on his shot .... and could be on the court with any combination of DMo , Anderson & Capela. Only complaint is he's not a great defender .... but really , who is these days ?!

Most think there is a gaping hole at the PG spot but Harden is for all intents and purposes the point .... We'll likely see a three guard rotation with Harden , Gordon & PatBev .... which I think is good enough to get the job done.

They have to get more offensively from the SF spot this season .... Ariza is a solid enough spot up shooter but you cant ask him to do anything else offensively. Brewer is just too erratic .... on both ends of the court.
    A lot of people are talking Beasley up ... wasn't long ago he was out of the league , I'm not counting on him to contribute much and Dekker ... hasn't shown the athleticism to play in the league.
    The only real hope we have there is KJ taking a BIG step forward .... especially when it comes to shooting.

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Better chance Beasley becomes more consistent than kj taking a big step forward

4. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Remember last year when people were predicting we would win 50-60 games? We thought we had a roster that no one would want to play against and we all know how that played out. I'd keep my expectations low for this team right now and be pleasantly surprised if they exceeded it. This roster as constructed deserves a good 25-35 win share, anything else is just a bonus.

5. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Gordon....Bev
    Harden...both need to bring up the ball doesnt matter / KJ
    Ariza /Corey
    Anderson/ Beasley
    Capella / Dmo /Harrell
    I like this roster...a lot...

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You are so wrong.

If Harden is reasonably healthy as he has been with us, the Rockets win no less than 40 games.

7. Bingo_Shao

Bingo_Shao New Member

:p I like Zhou Qi, and I hope he can sucess in future. But it's not reality to be the combination of Curry and Zhou Qi

#68 Bingo_Shao, Jul 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2019
  8. Ratman

Ratman Member

And you remember the year before when we were just coming off the 4th seed, who thought wed be the second seed? Its all in the role players hitting their shot and if we wanna play defense. This team when free agency is all said and done could be better than when we got the 2nd seed, however i do believe that year was quite lucky i see a 4-5 seed for hou this year.

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Exactly.

Last year's team, while one of the most talented Rockets team ever assembled, was also easily the most dysfunctional team that I've ever witness in 32+ years of being a Rockets fan. It was that bad.

I don't lay the blame all on Howard's feet, but it appears to me he was more a liability than an asset, unlike his previous two years in Houston. Howard's absence could be construed as addition by subtraction. Also, the addition of more talent at the PF and shooting guard coupled with a competent head coach should be more than enough to get us past 40 games.

Will we look awful against the GSW? Probably, and so will the other 27 or so teams, but the Rockets will win their fair share of games.

10. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It would have helped KJ to take a step forward if he had gotten more playing time at the end of last year when it was clear this team was going nowhere. A coach who was assured of returning the following year likely would have done so. Unfortunately, JBB was fighting for his job and was trying to squeeze every possible win out of this team. This year's team would be much better off had some of the younger players gotten a chance for more minutes. Alas, it's one of so many things wrong with last season.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Even in the McHale era the Rockets would win against good competition and lose against weaker teams.

I do not expect them to be consistent as those good teams.

The offense would even improve but that is all that improves.

12. OTMax

OTMax Member

I thought we only had 10 million left max? Where's the salary expert at?

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

The problem is that we have two young guys at the 3 that need a lot of development (Dekker and KJ) And right now you have to factor in a few more minutes at the 3 for Harden (on account of Gordon) and then there's Ariza. There are only so many minutes to go around, I don't see either of the young bucks getting a chance to develop properly.

When you are slways in win-now mode its hard to develop players. It's been another big problem for Houston; with the notable exception of Parsons.

14. mightybosstone

They do. But because they have DMo's Bird Rights, they can go over the cap to re-sign him.

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

We've gone dead silent, so I assume we are negotiating with Llull and Gentile. Also probably working on a trade or two.

We should hear something within the next 48 hours. I'm a little afraid DMo is going to sign an offer sheet tomorrow and put us on the clock.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

He freaking should! But if there is one home grown guy i'd like to bet on, it's DMo; the upside is still there. We should match as long as it's not crazy. Losing another good player for nothing is stupid!

17. dwhite

dwhite Member

For the last freaking time....Llull is not coming over. Why will you not listen to the man's own words and actions! Lebron is not coming over either and we are not trading for Westbrook, yet people will keep posting this crap on this board. We need to be living in reality, not fantasyland.

18. Pete the Cheat

I am not sure why Harrell is being written off with the current compliment of bigs we have.
    He is the lunch pail hustle guy you need next to finesse players like Anderson, DMo and Beasley. If the plan is to get out on the break, I have no problem with him as part of the 5 man big rotation to do the dirty work when Capela is catching a breather.

Llull sure would be nice add to bring over right about now. another dynamic scorer who could play alongside Harden and Gordon is exactly what we need.

I have basically written off Bev, Brew and Ariza as trade fodder like the rest of you, which means they probably aren't going anywhere. but it would be nice if we could roll them into a package for a dead-eye like Korver. I don't know if Atlanta sees that as a fit, but he is in the final year of his contract so you never know.

19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

What's next?

Watch for the Desert's firesale...

THE BIRDS (For the last damn time) (Don't remind me of the Utah stigma)

High Reward in Brotherly Love

And the longest shot of your life (more than Durant, which I told you he WAS GONE and despised WB)
    --Word is Morey/Co are going all in for my guy Boogie. No promises, but that's the prize, the best big man in the league.

Ryan Anderson isn't protecting the paint and Clint...well...forgive me.

Wildcard x2: "Everything is great here in Jerzey. I Love it...even the losing. Hell, even my SideShow Bob brother is doing better than me based on records.

Just Ears...more as they come and after the radiation.

How would you all feel about some Love, for the right price/picks? He loved winning, but he didn't get to play his way.

Peace.

1 person likes this.
  20. Sanity2disChaos

appreciate that....HOPE!

1 person likes this.