1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Slate] Hang up and Listen - w/ GM Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Arthurprescott2, Nov 26, 2012.

1. iconoclastism

iconoclastism Member

And Parsons European.

2. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I'll have to disagree with Morey .. even under ideal circumstances I can't see Royce being more than just a role player.I thought he would be awesome as a 6th man but him being a lebron type leader is nothing but fantasy

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

And how many NBA games has Royce played in that make you feel this way?

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Agreed. I can't even see Royce starting on a championship team, to be honest. His strengths come into play when the offense runs through him--pushing the fast break, passing. But he's not skilled up enough or even quite athletic enough to allow the offense to run through him in a starting role.

However, I can see him being a nice sparkplug off the bench who comes in as a 6th man, like you said. He has to get his act together first though, and it's looking bad for his NBA career right now...

5. AbrahamLincoln

I agree completely. I don't like how RW has acted or handled pretty much anything since he became a Rocket. I unfollowed him on twitter because I just couldn't handle his ish. Regardless off all that, nobody can say what he is or isn't. Waaaaay too early to say what Royce can become if he rejoins the Rockets and gets himself under control. I can easily see him balling out of control. But he could self destruct and ruin his chance in the NBA. Predicting his ability at this point is futile. He hasn't done a thing.

6. DAROckets

The exact same number that make Morey feel the way he does

7. QazQay

QazQay Member

Or, we could call him White.

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

And who should I trust more? Morey with his access to data, video, tape etc or people on this board relying on the eye test & youtube videos?

9. DAROckets

Your choice,I'm not trying to force my opinion on anyone.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

All these years you know little about Morey. He is not the guy that is 100 percent honest with the public. He is holding back because he obviously protects his assets. He is draft and PR genius. He'll say all the nice, formal things.
    White might be a good fit for a totally rebuilding team in the pre-Harden era who could rebound and make plays.
    He needs the ball in his hand and is hardly moving at all without it.

We don't need him right now because we have rebounding covered by Asik, Parsons, Patterson,Morris, probably TJones and playmaking covered by Lin and Harden.

Apart from his huge frame, his game needs huge upgrade and there is hardly any PT available. He is not good enough to deserve any at this point

11. roxxy

roxxy Member

Royce is young he can improve can't he?

12. roxxy

roxxy Member

And I never said that he deserves playing time right now or this season at all. And I actually do agree with you I think he could be a legit 6th man leading the offense off the bench. Could he be more or could he be a total bust, who knows only time will tell.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure he can improve but what are the odds here? He has to learn to accept basketball as his No. 1 priority.
    He did not play as much basketball as others in college or before due to his problems
    #noprotocol #notwitter

I mean his work place is safe for two guaranteed years. What more can you do to accommodate him
    If you support him, that's good. Wait the whole drama out.

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

Who says the NBA isn't his number one priority. And anyway should the NBA come before a mans health? Please. What do you think is Lin's number one priority definitely not basketball it is his faith. So why can't Royce's main focus be is mental health. And you know absolutely nothing about Royces illness unless you are Royce yourself & you dismissing it so nonchalantly is a huge disservice. And your use of #noprotocol #notwitter is #lame.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are easily offended when someone is not agreeing with you.
    Just go through his tweets, not only his health, music, twitter, his business are up there with basketball in terms of top priority.
    No. I don't everything about his illness.
    But as he said in his numerous tweets his illness is not preventing him from attendance his need for a PERSONAL PROTOCOL is.
    So according to you Royce's main focus should be mental health.
    Sorry but the Rockets are not a charity org or NGO.
    He has basically 2 years of potential vacation on his contract and that's it.

FYI I won't just hop on his bandwagon just because he has mental problems.
    I am not a fan of his game.

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

News to me that I am offended. Anyway I just don't try to psychoanalyze somebody based on there tweets. I think it is dumb to assume that just because he tweets about non NBA related things therefore basketball isn't his top priority. What he does with his twitter or with his own free time frankly isn't my business. Just like I think it is dumb to get on Harden because he loves visiting strip clubs or to get on Lin because he chose to do charity work in Asia. As long as he is training & handling his business & has shown a dedication towards his craft I am chill. Thats just my opinion. You are welcome to feel differently to each his own.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So is he training in his secret basement? So you know obviously more than I do.
    Dude, we are all cool with status quo. Got used to his twitter tantrums.
    I read them because it's one of the sources related to him.
    Nobody knows what he is doing except that he is tweeting with his twitter followers.
    I feel his marriage with the Rockets is not a rock solid one. He has other opportunities in his life. With or without basketball. Wish him the best as a patient. As an athlete I am disappointed and ready to move on.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fixed

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

I wasn't talking about Royce specifically on that sentence. I was talking about NBA players in general namely Lin & Harden & Parsons who all lead wonderful lives but still work on there craft.

I have no idea what Royce has been doing with his time. But I am not going to read through his tweets & come to my own conclusions. Kendall Marshall tweets the most absurd things on twitter that have nothing to do with basketball but I am not going to assume that he is an unfocused rookie who is cool riding the bench as long as he is getting paid.

I am not disagreeing with you Royce really hasn't handled this situation well. But at the same time he is young & lord knows when I was young I embarrassed my people a lot of the time. I would be hypocritical to just disavow Royce because of what ideally should end up just being remembered as a youthful transgression.

20. DAROckets

umm .. none of that is happening :rolleyes: