1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

slamdunk participants

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hos, Jan 21, 2000.

1. hos

hos Member

where is Kobe in the slamdunk contest? Just saw the players competing for the slamdunk contest at the all-star game, but the defending champion is not one of them. Anyone knows why? Is he bothered by a hand-injury? And how come Kevin Garnett wasn´t invited? I´d take him over Jamison any day.

2. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Kobe's not participating?

Heh, well disregard my post in the Francis-related topic in the Rockets section- it looks like the NBA is planning to give it to Vince.

They're missing out on a HUGE marketing opportunity if KG and Kobe don't go at it...

<U>OLD SCHOOL</U>
    Erving, Jordan, Drexler, Wilkins
    <U>NEW SCHOOL</U>
    Carter, Garnett, Francis, Bryant

Imagine the hype a contest with the latter four guys could build up...

3. hos

hos Member

antisonic, my thoughts exactly. And besides the marketing-possibilities...it would be pretty fun to watch those four go at each other!

4. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

antawn jamison?

If they're going to let Vince win that easily, they might as well replace Francis with Air Bullard.