1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Slam Online] Thomas Robinson is hungry to play with the fast-paced Rockets.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tminusrex, Feb 23, 2013.

1. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2013/02/thomas-robinson-second-life/

1 person likes this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He needs to not be discouraged if he doesn't play much right away. Play hard and soak in as much information as he can from the coaches and trainers and vets. He'll get his shot eventually.

3. Raven

Raven Member

Give him some minutes!

4. conquistador#11

whoooa there m'fers, the chicken nuggets and tacos belong to lin! ease up on this hunger stuff.

5. Arthurprescott2

Great news that he's been watching the team all season. Might not take that long for him to pick stuff up.

6. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Lol, no way it will be worse than what he probably had to go through in Sac.

7. amaru

amaru Member

No let him earn minutes

8. ejarts

ejarts Member

he knows the rockets system well. he's brother with morris. it took a year for morris to play.

9. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

I don't think there are many NBA coaches just give somebody some minutes. But I believe he will earn his minutes soon when he does his due.

10. SeabrookMiglla

t-rob has a lot of potential, i really hope mchale shows him how to play the 4

11. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

He has earned the minutes... If he got starter minutes in Sacramento, He would have near a double-double. 10 pts, 10 reb... I see him as having as much potential as a Tristan Thompson right now, with possibly huge upside as much as a Larry Sanders, minus the blocks per game that Sanders averages. Why he didn't get the starting nod over Jason Thompson is beyond me. With him eventually starting for Houston for the long-term, unless we trade for Josh Smith, I believe he has something to prove not only to the Rockets but to the rest of the NBA as well that he's not a bust, (although he's had a slow start to his rookie season), but indeed a future star in this league.

12. underrated015

underrated015 Member

If he's good at Offensive rebounding, there will be minutes for him. Something Patterson couldn't do. He's doesn't have his offensive game now but that will take time.

13. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

Posted up on a chair next to Chandler Parsons’ locker, TRob soaks in his first moments as a member of the Houston Rockets.

So it begins.....

14. teebone21

teebone21 Member

all i want is or him to rebound, dunk. play defense and run on fast breaks. He will easily earn minutes with mchale

15. amaru

amaru Member

He just got with the team....he hasn't earned anything yet.

16. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

He sounds happy to get out of Sac town -- it's like he's not even looking back.

17. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I want to see him play now!!!

18. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

You could say the same with Anthony Davis, Michael-Kidd Gilchrist, Bradley Beal, Damian Lillard. They just got with their team as well when they were drafted. Sure, we are halfway through the season but these players STARTED for their team at the start of this regular season and yes, I am putting Thomas Robinson in the same echelon as the players mentioned. I believe he could be a semi-poor-man's Anthony Davis.

As far as getting accumulated with the new players around him, I believe he will adapt quickly to the Rockets' system and honestly don't believe he would need some seasoning in the D-League, unless he had limited upside (like Biyombo in Charlotte, for example) Sure, I agree with the majority that Delfino will be starting for the next week or so, but possibly come early March, T-Rob will be the starting "4" for the Rockets.

#18 RocketFan, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

"If you offensive rebound, and you run hard, and you can defend, then you’re going to play out there. So that’s what he’s got to do right now. We’ll worry about the rest of that stuff later.”

Which of these in McHale's quote is his weakest ability? They're obviously not looking for him to be any kind of scorer yet. I wonder which one kept Jones from getting any minutes?

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The question is not what kept Jones from getting any minutes, because the answer is he couldn't do enough of them better than Patterson and Morris.