1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[slam]Drexler "I was really focused on making my teammates better "

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Oct 1, 2011.

?

Clyde

1. thanks for making your teammates better

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  2. thanks for being better

24 vote(s)
    58.5%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=150093

SLAM: I was trying to think of a current player who kind of fits your mold, and the guy I thought of first was Tracy—he plays in Houston, I know he’s struggled to get out of the first round and you had a run where it took a little while.
    DREXLER: I made it to the playoffs every year. We made it to the second round my second year—we beat Dallas my second year. Nah, we beat Dallas my second year, then the next two or three years we played the Lakers in the first round. [He was right, of course—they lost in the first round five of his first six years, with the exception being that second year. I misread the Blazers’s Basketball Reference page and paid the price. So of course I plowed ahead anyway.]

SLAM: But is Tracy someone…
    DREXLER: Tracy is certainly one of the finer players in the League, he has a lot of talent, and a good guy, and I certainly enjoy watching him play. But I don’t like to compare players. Not even if they even close. Our games are similar in the fact that we’re very talented and make it look easy. But there are certain aspects of our games that I think are completely different. Because I was more of a passer, a penetrator, making my teammates better. I really worked on efficiency, making the game easier so we could rest and get ready for the next game. So those are my thoughts, and Tracy is more of a scorer, he’s gonna score in bunches. I coulda done that, but I was really focused on making my teammates better and making the game easier.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Drexler seems to have an ego. Tracy was the better player and yeah blah blah blah my username, but I've seen both play and to me it wasn't even that close. Drexler is a hall of famer, and Tracy will be forgotten. Tracy's injuries really derailed his career and during his prime, he was as good if not better than Kobe in his prime. All in all it comes down to team, and Tracy had little success with that. Man had all the talent in the world, but seemed to get stuck in a glut of bad teammates and career deteriorating injuries. Drexlers best and Tracy's were never close. Clyde can say he focused on making his teammates better but there wasn't that much difference in that aspect either.

3. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

I honestly think you're kinda losing it, tinman. I usually stay out of these bait threads nowadays, but just wanted to offer you an outside perspective...02er-to-99er.

Honestly - no insult, just perspective.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Who cares? If Clyde sucked then I don't care if he makes his teammates better. Kick his ass to the curb, and get a high-talent swingman.
    The point is, that team is perfect as-is. Stop trying to bring up elements from the past to use against your war against tmac.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

this is about clyde drexler.

slam magazine cared enough to ask him.

if you don't want to read this thread, then.. don't read it.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

no.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. tinman

Supporting Member

You're right. Drexler's best took him to the NBA Finals with Portland...

TWICE.

8. Audioout

Audioout Member

OH god oh god. PLEASE let the lockout end!!

I clicked on this thread thinking it might be interesting but once I saw who started it... :rolleyes:

Jesus age will you ever EVER get over talking about Tmac? And don't play coy acting like this isn't about Tmac cause the second you got a chance you started slamming the man.

1 person likes this.
  9. kovacs242

kovacs242 Member

This is getting tragicomical.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

It's about Clyde. He made his teammates better.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Get some counseling dude...before it's too late.

12. val_modus

val_modus Member

Dude not taking anything away from one of my favorite players, but Clydes teams were stacked with perennial all stars.

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Such as?

14. Chris Jent MVP

drexler > t-whack

nuff said.

15. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Tinman, as a fellow 99er that likes appreciating the glory days... this sh-t is getting old. No one gives a damn about TMac/Clyde comparisons. Neither is taking our asses to the playoffs next season.

1 person likes this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

The Blazers made the Finals twice in this period.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/allstar/NBA_1990.html
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/allstar/NBA_1991.html
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/allstar/NBA_1992.html

In the 1991 game, Duckworth and Porter made it. They were not in the 90 or 92 game.

The only 'perennial' all star from Portland was Drexler.

17. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

This is actually getting scary. It's disturbing. Please get counseling SOON.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Man, its bad when Drexler has to defend his greatness to a reporter from SLAM.

19. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Tinman, I'm not trying to be rude or mean, I'm telling you this for your own good: GET HELP SOON. Preferably professional help. Go to the best psychiatrist available, PLEASE.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ihg1YHEclFw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>