1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SL]Pics and side notes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Jul 13, 2009.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Well first off you know what annoys me? everytime I log into the GARM i see this as the title:

NO ONE says jack about Tracy Murray, so I will

[​IMG]

Little known fact, Tracy Murray is somewhat special to me...We both went to the same high school, we both went to the same college and I am a huge Rockets fan and he won a championship ring with the Rockets! In fact thats the bling he is wearing in the picture. He let me check the ring out and man its pretty. I went up to Tracy and told him some stuff that pertaining to our hometown and he pointed out that he was wearing his championship ring. Tracy is a nice guy and I see him around UCLA still as he works their radio broadcasts now.

So I being the uber nerd that I am I started to twitter stuff from the game, I think a few of you starting following as my email notification went crazy and I was like no wait I dont have this many friends but I had some pics uploaded through twitpic I wont re-post them here, they arent the best of quality. RAID brought his nice camera and these pics are from his camera so give your mad props to RAID for doing so. I would have brought mine but my mom has an uncanny ability to always go on vacation the 1-2 times I actually want to use it so I always let her borrow it. I should just give it to her and buy another one, but anyways I digress...

So thanks to RAID again for the pics

Friday afternoon since the Rockets played the first game they had the most warmup time and JT was out there by himself with Shawn Respert shooting jumpers. He had hit a decent portion of them, got good elevation but as I have mentioned earlier he has an unique shooting motion. The ball comes out from the side of his head, unlike most people whose release is above and in the front of their head.

its a bit hard to tell from this angle but this is the case

[​IMG]

So I kept my head on a swivel to see where our boy Daryl Morey was and sure enough he shows up and is sitting in the back. I went up before the second half to try to go talk to him and just say hi. I didnt want to bother him during the game because he gets REALLY into the game, a lot more than you think he would, he is probably the most animated when watching a game.

So i go up there and there is some guy trying to get in with DM, actually two guys I go sit in the row behind DM and one seat over. DM didnt really pay much attention to either of the guys and they either said what they wanted to say or got the hint and left.

I waited till the next time out was called and I called his name and he looked over and recognized me and awkwardness ensued. He turned to shake my hand, then put his hand on my arm and then my shoulder I dont know if he wanted to first shake my hand and then decided to 1/2 hug me or what. But after that passed he noticed my baseball jersey (with the rockets championship logo) and said I wasnt wearing a real jersey this time around. I said its because at this point we need all the luck we can get and last time we had some good fortune the team was sporting this logo. He started laughing and said thats true. I said the best thing that has happened so far was seeing Dorsey hit 3/4 free throws so far, he busted up saying that was beating all odds. I said that I'd be around for the weekend and catch up with him later and that I didnt want to bother him during the actual game, he said we would catch up and I then went back down to my seat.

I talked to Coach Turner for a bit and wished him good luck with the Twolves job, he said he is in the process of interviewing. I told him he totally deserved any head coaching job in the NBA he definitely deserved it.

some random pics

[​IMG]

so this guy is going to be smiling a long time in the NBA he has game and a lot of it I am curious to see how he will play when he actually has talented teammates surrounding him

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ok so I talked to Feigan on Saturday evening and this was taken on Friday the reason why I post this is because at one point here is Feigan wearing a black polo shirt and shorts and for whatever reason he started to run across the baseline of the court to get to the other side. It was NOT a pretty sight, i mean I am a huge guy, but like JF had a weird gallop to him.

Not trying to make fun just it was an amusing sight thats all.

EDIT: JF is also a very gracious and nice individual who talked to me for a decent while on Saturday.

So you know who else was there?

yeah our boy Mario
    [​IMG]

Later that day as I was coming back from getting a drink during the lakers/raptors game I passed by him and said MARIO! and blew him a kiss of death he started laughing and said whats sup baby.

So that was Friday now onwards to Saturday...in the next post

#1 The_Yoyo, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
    17 people like this.
  2. Convictedstupid

Thanks for this. If I could rep, I would.

3. akiracy

akiracy Member

you are my favorite poster

4. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to The_Yoyo again.

Great stuff! Keep it up.

5. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

5-star thread! Thanks yoyo.

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

wow feigen is...a healthy dude :eek:

7. Niaperzly

Niaperzly Member

Ditto. I really enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for the info.

8. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

He's been eating all of Fran's donuts since Fran was cut loose.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Is Daryl Morey usually that sociable with fans, or do you guys know eachother?

10. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

WOW! Look at Feigen.

For those fans who criticize T-Mac for being fat, they should take a peek at Feigen. Imagine T-Mac trying to penetrate to the hole with Feigen's body. :D

T-Mac is not fat, after all.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

6 stars from me.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

many thanks Yoyo

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Hey bandwagoners...this is what you call A FAN

14. logicx

logicx Member

Indeed. I have to admit I'd seen Feigen before but don't remember him looking like this...

Anyways, great thread, 5-stars, etc. etc.

I love this stuff.

15. logicx

logicx Member

Forgot to mention: big thanks for this stuff. It's great.

16. prs325

prs325 Member

Cool stuff :cool:

17. RocketsFan#1

RocketsFan#1 Member

Cool pics. By the way what are Reputation Points because I have 7 of them, but don't know what they are. I'm new here. :confused:

18. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Daryl recognized the nametag credentials around his neck, it said:

Clutchfans Member
    The_Yoyo
    3 Green Dots (at the time)

;)

19. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

GREAT WORK BTW...I wish I was as lucky as you to see all these Rockets in person and behind the scenes......I mean if I was in the top of the Toyota Centre I'd be happy...but living down under in middle of the Pacific in New Zealand means...I have to breathe Clutchfans...which isn't a bad thing really...

20. tofu--

tofu-- Member

You're a true gangsta Yoyo.