1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Skip Bayless compares Harden's ASG performance to Spurs Game 6 Last Year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Feb 19, 2018.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's so much better than Max Kellerman in his role as an antagonist.

ESPN couldn't pay him enough so he left. Team Popcorn.

2. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Harden should have pulled a Butler and rested, he clearly didn't care about this game, nor should he have. LBJ heckling Harden after walking off the court, lmao, really dude? Give me a break...

On a side note, now that Beadle is off Sportsnation, I can finally watch that show again!

Stormy1234 likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

How come no one is talking about how terrible Steph played? he's the dam team captain. Russ had a crap game too.

adw, alethios and buffalobills!!! like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

We’re analyzing the All-Star game now? Please stop making threads about the opinions of clowns like Skip and Max Kellerman.

saleem, apollo33, adw and 2 others like this.
  5. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Every time someone on Twitter posts a clip of Shannon Sharpe on his show he's being entertaining and Skip Bayless is muttering or in some way ruining the moment with his dourness.

6. buffalobills!!!

Mr. Tomball didn't care. lmao

#46 buffalobills!!!, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Because people like Steph and Westbrook. They do not like Harden.

saleem and buffalobills!!! like this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I have a theory: People hate that Harden is smart and exploits the rules.
    • Baiting his opponent to foul him by extending the ball out
    • That extra half step in his euro step before he gathers the ball
    • The step back that look like a travel
    • The fouls at the 3 point line
    • Even the flopping (which he doesn't do anymore),
    • Resting on defense and offense so he has energy to finish the game.
    Harden plays a very efficient smart game because he knows he is deficient in other areas that make great players great.

Fans would rather be beat with pure god-given athleticism than be outsmarted. If someone like Russ beats you, there is a feeling of futility because there is no way to make up for that raw athleticism. what can you really do?

With Harden, EVERYTHING about his game makes his opponents look stupid. There is a frustration with Harden's game because it looks like there was something a player could have done to prevent the bucket or trip to the line. Instead of fans looking at how amazingly nuanced Harden's game is, they see it as a trick, as being cheap, cheating.

That's why I think fans hate him, they think he is getting over instead playing basketball.

9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I’ve got a match for Skip.....his face and my butt

10. buffalobills!!!

Also think there is low-key anti-terrorist views from his beard and quiet personality. I hate saying that, but I think that may be a reason why SOME hate him on the Internet. Us quiet people are perceived as smug and full of ourselves a decent amount of the time by people who are not emotionally intelligent.

skroodup25 and pippendagimp like this.
  11. Fantasma Negro

I'm not even sure how Skip and Shannon can have a conversation with LeBron's dick in both their mouths

12. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

WTF?!? are they really breaking down the All-Star Game? LOL

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  13. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Oh I see - Harden is the disappearing act bad guy when Steph had a nearly identical stat line including that embarrassing final possession in which Steph missed a chance to find either Harden or Klay to take that final shot uncontested. I mean, it was the all star game so who cares but if you want to talk about how terrible someone is, look at the team captain who doesn't show up vs the one who willed his team to victory.

....FWIW, I don't think Harden will ever be a great all star game performer - at this point in his career he's a guy who likes to have a good time and there is a pretty clear correlation between Harden's game when he has had a little too much fun the night before. That's not going to change when he is an All Star game starter in his hometown.

Skip Bayless can suck it - he seems like he is always looking for attention since he is clearly the least talented between him and his brother.

adw and buffalobills!!! like this.
  14. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

No mavs, no jazz, no lakers, in the all star game

saleem and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I understand.

take a look at the rest of the threads. [somebody on tv] says negative on the Rockets

16. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Everyone was off in this game but I’m not surprised that Harden player like he did. I’m 110% sure he went out the night b4 and was probably hung over or super tired for this game. Let hope we never have to play the Lakers in the future as a PO opponent because this is what you will probably get from Harden, y’all remember game 6 in LA right? Yea Harden was trash that day too. ​

17. rockets13champs

Does he realize Westbrook and Steph had similar stat lines????

RasaqBoi likes this.
  18. Jontro

Jontro Member

i think fergilicious affected beard.

s3ts likes this.
  19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Chris Paul shamed his family by not making it.

It's a sad day .

20. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

lol skip loves the spurs so that should tell you enough. I hope we get the chance to destroy them in the playoffs this year.

but ya, exhibition games & garbage time are the worst contexts for harden. Not surprising tbh. but it doesn't matter, we're here for when it actually counts. steph played like crap too and he was the captain