1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SJWs gets their talons into Bond franchise

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Jul 17, 2019.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

James Bond is retired and 007 is a strong empowered woman. Bond will now have to face up to the me too movement and come out of retirement. And you know he'll make moves on this strong, empowered woman and get rejected. Take that, toxic masculinity. I dunno, what do ya'll think? Planning to go give money for this? Maybe see it twice to stick it to the patriarchy?

[​IMG]

#1 dachuda86, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    BruceAndre and mick fry like this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

There's something troubling going on inside your head for you to take that movie trailer and make the post / point you just did.

Or is this post just a joke?

vlaurelio likes this.
  3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

https://www.digitaltrends.com/movie...n-what-does-this-mean-for-james-bonds-future/

Basically 007 is a woman. Didn't you hear? But Bond is still a British guy, unfortunately, just retired. This is exactly what James Bond fans were hoping for. The choice of writers too, wonderful. This is going to be the best Bond ever. I really wanted to see him alongside a strong empowered woman. It's not like they didn't already do this by making M a ball-busting woman. Now women have his code name too, so we can really enjoy true, strong, enriching, female empowerment. The choices are great. Hopefully they'll call them bond women now, and not Bond girls. The trailer looks even better doesn't it? I mean, it screams excitement and intrigue. It's all so clever right?

I'm a long-time bond fan, read the books and watched the movies, and I have one thing to say. Just take my money already. There is no way this direction will fail. And certainly it isn't virtue signaling or an attempt at portraying how modern and woke the Bond franchise is. It's authentic. Very authentic. I'm sure the 10% of the population who call themselves feminists, and the other people who weren't really that into Bond, will come flocking to the theater AND I bet this won't alienate long-time fans. And if it does, well, we just have to go see it twice to make up for it and support these woke individuals.

#3 dachuda86, Jul 17, 2019
    BruceAndre and mick fry like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Zero interest.

That isn’t James Bond.

It may prove to be a good movie but it isn’t a Bond movie.

5. conquistador#11

Women make the best spies. The female that would seduce Nazis, bone them and then kill them during ww2, that's gangsta. RIP.
    Or the the American female spy with one leg that received distinguished medals from the Brits, France and the U.S.A
    When King David was conquering Jerusalem, prostitutes were depended on to relay information.

Talking heads with podcasts going around saying bond can't be female because men won't like the idea of her bedding many men is a pretty awful take.
    It's a lonely life, spies are going to be horny no matter the gender.

justtxyank likes this.
  6. body slam

body slam Member

I thought Stringer Bell was the next Bond

conquistador#11 likes this.
  7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

How dare you not support this strong empowered woman who is clearly there for her brains and not just looks. I will buy an extra ticket to cancel out your hate and support this project fully.

BruceAndre and Os Trigonum like this.
  8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Bond isn't female. 007 is. Bond is retired and in the movie.

But interesting take, and yeah actually a female spy movie would be good and could lend itself to a great original franchise. Or hey just tackle the toxic masculinity and patriarchy, by empowering women, by putting them in male roles. Nothing says you're a strong capable woman better than telling women they too can be like men.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

How many Bond movies have there been at this point (I’m guessing more than there are books).

Does the 007 codename belong to James Bond, or is it assigned? I thought the latter. In which case, who cares if it goes to a woman after he retires.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

That's right. Who cares about the incoming representation of an empowered woman instead of a natural character with humanity and flaws. It's the price that must be paid to make James Bond woke and appealing to the Bond franchise's number one fan segment: feminists.

BruceAndre likes this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How did SJW's get to choose a female 007?

And...honestly, it's time to retire the entire franchise. The last few films were decent but the whole thing has nowhere to go anyway. They should have stopped with the last film.

12. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Triggered I see. It's a movie.

ThatBoyNick and JayGoogle like this.
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You seriously are a moron

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Not at all. I'm thrilled to see another movie franchise get woke. This is going to be epic.

BruceAndre likes this.
  15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You seem to know a lot about this movie. A lot more than I could discern from that teaser you posted.

If the character ends up not being fleshed out enough, that could be a valid criticism (one that applies to most Bond films). I see no reason to prejudge it as you are doing with only the scant details we have so far.

If the premise is that Bond is retired and 007 is now a female badass spy instead of a male badass spy, then fine. Nothing offensive there for me.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The SJW pattern in Hollywood, and making things woke, has a pattern. And I've read about it cause I'm into Bond. Expect maximum virtue signaling.

da_juice likes this.
  17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

And yes I think Skyfall should have been the finale for at least a decade or two when they could revive the franchise.

Still I love what the director did with the first season of True Detective and really enjoy Daniel Craig as Bond. The second Craig bond film had political undertones in it but nobody flipped out about that so I’m sure it’ll be a well made film and not a meetoo rally on camera.

You snowflakes are seriously triggered. If you want to see what kind of art happens when your political ideology is tried to put into art form go watch Atlas Shrugged and tell me who we should trust in film... libs that make films like The Godfather or whoever the hell made Atlas Shrugged.

Or better yet, let’s talk about music... just get a load of this hot garbage:

Just let Libs be Libs with art, music, and film please. We get pretty good sh$& back because you don’t have to worry about not hurting snowflakes feelings or getting a mean Tweet for the Cheeto man baby.

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The last two Bond movies have grossed a total of two billion dollars world wide.

dachuda86 and conquistador#11 like this.
  19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The same people who were triggered over Black Panther and Captain Marvel are already furiously trying to take this film down from behind their keyboard. Incel keyboard warriors will have about as much effect as there.

These are the same people who were complaining about female M and black Moneypenny.

I'm sorry the world has become such a scary place for you, but you don't get to browbeat the universe that we all share back into the 19th century.

Eventually the keyboard warriors will set their sights on a movie that just inherently not a good earner, and they'll ignore all their failed attempts and insufferably crow about taking down the "woke libtards" for the rest of time. They were all busy congratulating each other about a job well done on Captain Marvel before the first weekend, and when the actual numbers started to come in they suddenly all went very quiet.

Just in case anybody misunderstands, Daniel Craig is still the protagonist. Everybody up in arms should be loving this film as it's all about the alcoholic white male womanizing throwback 50's man Bond taking down the woke black woman who has usurped his accomplishments. Seems like a Proud Boys/Patriot Prayer wet dream.

#19 Ottomaton, Jul 17, 2019
  20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

If the new 007 were a white male, even if not a new Bond, would this thread exist?

durvasa likes this.