1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixers want to deal Snow. Who are you willing to give up for him?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr Q, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Dr Q

Dr Q Contributing Member

Seems Sixers want to deal Snow for front court help.

King's next trick: Finding fix

To that end, one source indicated King has been in conversations with the Orlando Magic in various permutations of a deal that could bring them Juwan Howard and Gordan Giricek, with Snow going south and perhaps a couple of other players from each side being included.

Who are you willing to give? Cato?

2. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I'm willing to part with Scott Padgett. :)

Seriously though, Philly would probably want Mobley or Jim Jackson to get this done. We balk, and the deal's off. The only way this goes down is if we do a 3-way deal with Seattle and Philly where Allen and Snow come here, Mobley to Philly, and Steve to Seattle.

3. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Haha, that sounds good 2 me

4. Dr Q

Dr Q Contributing Member

People here complains that Steve didn't pass ball enough and you want Allen Iverson???

5. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Getting Snow is pointless now unless Steve or Cat are traded elsewhere first.....

6. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

He meant Ray Allen (otherwise, who does Seattle give up). Not sure why Philly would want Mobley when they are looking for front court help. Why not give them MoT. Then Philly can sign EG in the off season and the three headed monster is back in business.

7. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Ray ALLEN, not AI.

8. ragingFire

ragingFire Contributing Member

You are not paying attention.
    It's Ray Allen.

Why would anyone send player to Seattle for nothing?! ;)

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Philly would take Cat for Snow in a heartbeat. 'Throw in' Dalembaert and it's a deal. Thus, would have to include Cato and Robinson. Or have I said this before?

BTW - I thought JuWann - Kandi was all but a 'done deal'???

10. buddry

buddry Member

Trade MoT or Cato for snow. Then send whatever crap plus TE plus pick to atlanta for sheed.

11. Dr Q

Dr Q Contributing Member

Sorry, my dad.:eek:

In that case, it does look like a good. For us, anyway. Don't know why Sixers what to swap Snow for Cat, though.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Does Snow have value I'm not aware of? He's a decent pg, but I don't know why we'd be talking about parting with the likes of Mobley or Francis over him. Even Cato straight-up seems a little rich to me.

13. Raven

Raven Member

The Rockets would have no choice but to use CM in a trade for ES, because there's no way in hell that CM would accept a bench role.

I'd trade CM for ES, and then trade SF for EB.

YM
    EB
    ES

= Dynasty

Raven

14. buddry

buddry Member

His value to us anyways would allow Steve to move to 2 and still guard the other teams 1. Since MoT and Cato are both overpaid anyways, I wouldn't mind the trade. If we trade MoT though, we would have to make another move to get a scoing 4 from somewhere.

15. Raven

Raven Member

I just looked at Eric Snow's stat sheet. The guy is almost 31.

Just when YM enters his prime, ES will be on the down side of his career.

Age is a huge consideration.

Raven

16. sonique15

sonique15 Contributing Member

Oh god, I would seriously orgasm.......

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The thing that worries me the most about him is his inability to shoot the 3, something like 9% this year.

Teams would just rotate off of him like they do to Mark Jackson and let him clang.

18. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

Hey, are you the actor in American Pie?? You must learn to stay calm and pace yourself. Think Baseball!!

19. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

EB=Elton Brand?

I would rather keep Steve, Cat, and Yao than Snow, Brand, Yao. Cat is a much better scorer and defender than Snow and Brand is hasn't played a full season since his first. I would only part w/ Cat if we kept Steve, because we need atleast one of their offensive ability.

The thing is: Yao is only as good as his teamates are, teams won't have a problem double teaming Yao and leaving Snow open or even Brand. Right now, teams are reluctant (plus Yao isn't giving them a reason to) to double him, because they don't want to leave Cat or Steve open. Even though Steves having a horrible year, defenses still focus on him a lot, which frees up Yao a little.

But if Yao doesn't make teams pay for not doubling him, then the whole inside-outside scheme won't work.

20. ragingFire

ragingFire Contributing Member

Are you sure you are on the right BBS?
    We are talking basketball here. ;)