1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixers fan ejected from exhibition game vs Guangzhou for holding up signs supporting HK and Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsmanhk, Oct 9, 2019.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Staring down a tank without getting squished? That you can do.

Support a USA pro-HK sports team? Nope!
    "Come and get me, b***hes!"
    Knock knock knock. "Open the door, Imperialist Rockets Scum!"
    "Oh, s***...."

malakas likes this.
  2. finsraider

finsraider Member

Its the difference between a collective mindset and an individualist mindset...thats what all of this comes down to.

You see it with all of the "One China" comments. To speak against the regime is to speak against yourself. Think of it as harming yourself. Thats why minority groups can be suppressed...they cause harm to "One China", so they are cut out like a cancer.

I don't think many of them can even see our point of view...that you can have a national identity, but criticize it, mock it and transform it. We aren't speaking the same language, and its just another verse in a very long struggle...your culture vs yourself.

malakas likes this.
  3. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

One belt one road is like China’s way of dominating the world. That is not a business transaction, more of a loan. Countries should be wary of joining or accepting money from China.

#43 kmart9419, Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    dachuda86 likes this.
  4. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

hwo do you know the shouting was continuous?

5. malakas

malakas Member

Most NBA fans just want to keep watching basketball in peace without having their freedom of speech raped by an absolute regime.

6. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

One of my friends recently went to China and had to be very careful about what was on his phone (religious context). They were told by many people who have been there in the past that any sort of Christian related talk while on a visit to China was strictly prohibited and could result in prison time.

So might I ask what actual freedoms does China grant it's citizens, let alone its' tourists? I also thought this was in China, so it would be somewhat understandable that you would be kicked out of a sports arena but here in the US? Hopefully he caught it on camera, would be very interesting to see what happens. Let me ask ya'll this, have you guys ever heard of a group of Asians protesting in the US make the news? Outside of the recent HK riots and maybe the LA riots I personally haven't.

-Sidenote: I would never visit another foreign country expecting the same freedoms and liberties my personal country grants me, I am aware that as a tourist you SHOULD respect each country's rules, regulations and laws. I personally will never live in another country outside of the USA because I'm aware that this country grants it's citizens many rights that other countries will never grant.

7. kmart9419

That’s like telling a drug addict that he needs to get off drugs. The reality is, you are almost guaranteed to be disappointed. Changing china is several orders of magnitude harder.

8. malakas

malakas Member

We don't want to change China.
    We demand that China doesn't attempt to change US.

If that's not possible then bye bye.

*By we I mean the average NBA fan.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I welcome our new Chinese overlords.

/s

People don't realize how this is going to fundamentally change how freedom ofexpression and speech is going to be altered in Western democracies. Almost every major media corporation is doing business with China. Look at ESPN with their Disney overloaded. Disney wants to sell their Star Wars and Marvel merch in China. Can't piss off the Chinese government so guess what? Any media company under Dinsey is is going to be a bootlicker for China. Disney owns one of the most reconginzed news organizations, ABC news.

This is just going to keep on spreading until every major corporate news media in the US is going to be a mouth piece for the Chinese government.

Scary times.

We can't change internal Chinese politics. But we can change and shame US corporations for doing business with China. The onus is on them to not make the Chinese government the overlords of Western democracies.

#49 fchowd0311, Oct 9, 2019
    TheresTheDagger and malakas like this.
  10. fchowd0311

This right here. We understand we have no say in how the Chinese government violates human rights within their borders. Sucks for many ethnic minorites in China. But that doesn't mean we we can't have a say in how the Chinese government influences speech in the US.

The Chinese posters of this message board, can you at least understand this sentiment?

malakas likes this.
  11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Well you explained the reason why companies should be worried about the so called "big China market".

It is clear that China is using its economic power trying to "colonize" the weaker and poor countries to expand its influence and this year its the second invitation for the one belt one road meeting and even the smaller or poor countries starting to realize the motive behind such loan and they either wait and see of just say no.

The so called "huge market" is also showing the similar "rift". And the biggest issue is the unethical stealing of intellectual properties in China. There are many foreign companies already believe the risk on this is outweighing the gain of doing business with China.

Meanwhile, the advantages like 10-15 years of manufacturing in China is now gone, the wage is now higher than your neighbors like Vietnam, India, and Thailand, the land cost is higher, and now because your pollution issue is so big, the government is announcing more strict regulations on environmental protections. More and more factories are leaving China nowadays.

Naturally, this will happen to most of the developing countries/markets, the best way to counter it is to elevate your industries to the services, financial, technologies side, but that comes the real problem : most of those sectors are highly sensitive and heavily protected and controlled by the government, and of course the stealing of intellectual properties issue, your financial market is no where even close to Hong Kong, most of your so called stock market investors are the public general, your hardly can give enough confidence to big foreign investors to trust your control and policy.

So what is left when your six wallets will start to dry our and your property market bubble will burst?

You can play number games on GDP all you want, but the crisis is already there and you just don't realize it yet.

12. kmart9419

China can never change the US. And I don’t think they want to. China wants other countries to butt out of their internal affairs. 20 years of effort and 4 billion dollars worth of business shouldn’t be tossed out for something that can be worked out amicably.

13. fchowd0311

No, they want Individual citizens not express their opinions because the Chinese government is childish and can't handle criticism.

malakas likes this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

a tweet of a person isn't butting in their internal affairs. If they want to censor that, then that is butting in OUR affairs.

They gave their own definition of freedom of speech, that's trying to change the US.

There is nothing to be worked out amicably when american citizen's rights are so blatantly being suppressed.

Texanasiafan and fchowd0311 like this.
  15. kmart9419

Please understand I’m just a stock investor. I am no China expert. What I do know is from researching stocks that have potential impact from China trade news. So it’s in my best interest to stay informed.

From what I read, China’s economy was already declining prior to the onset of the trade wars. The property market there is in a bubble. China was reducing credit to control the market.

China’s market is different from the belt and road initiative. The market is basically setting up shop in mainland China and accessing the billion people there. The belt and road is a loan to help poorer nations build out infrastructure. Is the loan worth the potential of losing control over its sovereignty, that’s up to each individual nation.

China’s economy has grown quite a bit and is repeating what had happened to manufacturing here in the states. The labor costs are much higher than neighboring countries like Vietnam and Thailand. China will eventually bleed manufacturing jobs overseas. The focus is now on high tech and a service economy. That’s the part that puzzles me since high tech requires good intellectual property protection and China is resisting writing a law that is in the best interests of both China and the US.

A lot of people here claim China is oppressive and all that negative stuff. From all my research, I found the average Chinese citizen to be quite happy with their economic status. They are generally positive toward the communist party. I’m sure there’s a lot of crazy stuff that goes on there but it’s not as crazy as many make it out to be.

#55 kmart9419, Oct 9, 2019
    ivanyy2000 likes this.
  16. DooghMaster9

DooghMaster9 Member

Thats kinda the whole deal tho. How dissatisfied can you be when you cant express your negative opinion.

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Might die a Rockets' legend... or at least get a long prison sentence.

I hope not.

18. kmart9419

The kid could had probably complained about the rockets and nba all he wanted. But why must he do the stupid thing and burn the Chinese flag which will clearly get you into a lot of trouble.

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

20. J.R.

J.R. Member