1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Single Game Official Tickets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Downtown Sniper, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Does anyone know how long beforehand these become available?

I can see there's tickets available on Stubhub and similar sites - assuming these are season ticket holders re-selling their seats.

Last time I came over I sat for a couple of games a couple of rows behind the broadcaster's table in the middle of the floor with single tickets I bought officially, would like to do this again when i'm over again early next year.

For reference, the three game homestand to open the season doesn't have these tickets available as of yet, just wondering if anyone knew how long before the games do they go on sale?

I'd be looking at going to a couple of games in February - specifically the 11th against the Celtics as it's my birthday - or the Clippers game in early March.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

yeah, it's still TBA.

Note also: Single-game tickets sold by the Rockets (as opposed to after-market by STHs) happen in stages. As I recall, three separate release dates. The first one lasts through November. 2nd one doesn’t go on sell until later, and then maybe a third release after that.

The reason they release tix in stages is because: 1) so they can keep pushing partial plans throughout year, and 2) most all teams do tiered-pricing based upon quality of the game, and teams refactor what are quality games as the regular season progresses.

#2 heypartner, Sep 2, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  3. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

the shanghai sharks game is a maybe but only if yao ming's jersey gets officially "un"retired!
    Un"retire" that hoe then retire it for Vernon Maxwell!

#3 smoothie_king, Sep 2, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Thanks for that heypartner.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

So you're saying you can pay to be an NBA Official? Story checks out.

6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

for the Feb game, I would estimate end of Dec, early Jan

the March game will probably be around All Star break, early Feb when they sell the last wave of the season

heypartner is spot on, it's something they've been doing for at least the past 5-6 seasons