1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Simple Question: When is Tracy McGrady going to play?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by StacyMcGrady3, Dec 13, 2009.

1. StacyMcGrady3

StacyMcGrady3 Rookie

At this point, the Rockets' brass has been extremely unprofessional in my opinion. I really think they need to make an official announcement of some sort to cover this topic. It is really ridiculous now and fans (such as myself) are constantly trying to read into their heads. Any other professional organization would have handled this situation better. The Rockets are turning such a topic into another Marbury-NY situation. I am not a huge McGrady fan but it is really odd as how this team is handling his career at this point.

Simple Question: When is Tracy McGrady going to be playing?

Sorry if I offended anybody, that was not my intent.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

How many users have registered with some sort of "McGrady" in their username in 2009?!

3. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Simple answer: no one on this forum knows.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

How big is Tmac's posse?

DD

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i dont understnad this , AT ALL, unless you've been under a rock the last month you should know there's no timetable and adelman has said MANY MANY times it'll be whenver he's ready to contribute withotu setbacks, but there not putting a timetable on it....why would fans know any different!!

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

I don't know, but they'll all be gone by the trading deadline.

#6 topfive, Dec 13, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  7. number22

number22 Member

when he's deemed ready by adelman and morey

8. StacyMcGrady3

StacyMcGrady3 Rookie

Well they should know that people are waiting for a decision. At least tell us his prognosis rather than just saying: "We do not know"

I am not a huge tmac fan either btw. My username is more of a diss towards Mcgrady lol.

But I know of a lot of people who will start watching and going to games on a regular basis once he returns. I mean, the guy is a starter as of right now in all star voting. That's crazy for someone who hasn't played in a over a year. He is one of the few players in the nba whose name generates ticket sales asap whether you like him or not.

We need him asap. Enough of this Adelman revenge/egocentric storyline.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Really? Why the clarification? (twice already in this thread)...

You have made about 25 posts using your moniker. Just about every single one of them deals with McGrady.

Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmm....

10. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

So will you be asking for a name change, or creating a new nick in a year or two when T-Mac is no longer with the team? And Adelman isnt trying to exact any kind of revenge. He is focusing on the players that are going to be here for a while, especially with Yao next season. T-Mac will get his time, as he has been looking solid in practice for a few weeks now.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

12. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

I think we'll know by tomorrow, anyone agree?

Are they even practicing tomorrow?

13. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I have to admit, though I have no prob with Adelman/Morey keeping Tracy out, I'm am tired of this "no timetable" bullsh!t. A timetable isn't something set in stone, its just a set expectation to reach a goal. This is not the first time a player has come back from microfracture surgery. What the hell is wrong with saying "Judging by where he is now, we and the doctors expect Tracy to be acceptably ready in about X amount of weeks. if at that time, he is evaluated and is not where we would like him to be, we will keep him out longer."

Throw us a damn bone.

14. dafranchise0309

did it really snow it houston last week?

15. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

stalker status

16. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Nobody knows. Could be as soon as a couple of weeks, or not at all. If the org. gets rid of him. Or they might just play this game most of the season, the sit quiet and I'll get you in eventually. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him play. I think he could make Ariza's job a little easier. Because right now Ariza seems frustrated, perhaps he is starting to feel he isn't the player some thought he could be. I imagine that would be heartbreaking for an athlete.

17. jmr123jmr

jmr123jmr Member

Sorry that u don't have the Patiences Me as a ROCKETS FAN sometimes i do get that way but really just think about it, why rush went a a I would love to see T-mac high fly for a dunk. If he is not ready I wouln't paly him either into I see that.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

they said he's close, they said it wont be on this next tough road trip, so common sense would tell me it'll be within the next 2-3 weeks, that's alot more than "i dont know". Sometimes fans just need to pay more attention instead of checking in once a month and then getting upset about a situation they think they understand..

19. PTH

PTH Member

At least give the man a chance... :confused:

It's like Brooks said the other day, "He can only make us better."

20. StacyMcGrady3

StacyMcGrady3 Rookie

Thank you AstroRocket. At least someone sees my point of view.