1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Similarities and Sinking Feelings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Major Malcontent, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Yeah, its another Gay/Battier thread. And I haven't read every word of every other thread to see if there is any possible way I can make this a part of an existing thread.

Lock me, sue me...whatever.

Dr. Strangelove and I were at the least party like draft party EVER last night. It started out all right, the first 7 picks falling in such a way that we could still get a potential perrenial all star with the 8th pick.

The four people in attendance at this house party were all of a certain age...and when the name Shane Battier came up, we all had the same thought, Rodney McCray instead of Clyde Drexler . Now don't get me wrong, Rudy Gay has miles to go before he sniffs the Hall of Fame, but thats the ceiling isn't it, wheras Shane Battier is a known, and somewhat mediocre comodity. This doesn't have quite the sting, since our exposure to Rudy Gay has been limited to a dozen or so telivised games wheras we watched Clyde come up through HS and were fixtures at Hoffheinz.

At least then it was possible to delude yourself that Rodney McCray was going to be a stud himself. Battier can play a little defense and hit the occasional jumper.

Not all mutant obscene athletes turn out to be Hall of Famers, but I am so tired of Van GUndy's utter disrespect for athleticism it makes me just flat out, frothing at the mouth nutso. Wonderful, lets add another guy who buys into the system and plays defense the Van Grumpy way. The only thing the prevents Battier from being a Van Grumpy All Star is the fact he never managed to find his way onto a Knicks roster and is slightly faster than some species of turtles. If he were only a little slower and had made his bones in front of Spike, he would first ballot HOFer..

Unless there is much more to this trade than we know so far