1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Signing of Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Champ06, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Still remember how difficult it was to sign Yao. Do you guys think all these are worth the trouble considering Yao injuries? Yep, at that time we don't have the luxuries to tell what the future hold. Neither do we know what will happen when Yao returns next season. Who knows? Rockets may achieve the ultimate goal.

Yao Ming will need nine entities to sign off on any NBA contract before he can play in the league. "If any of these parties refuse to sign off, then Yao Ming cannot go," says Li Yao Min, general manager of the Shanghai Sharks, Yao's present club.

The nine:
    1. Yao Ming
    2. Yao's parents
    3. The Shanghai Sharks
    4. The Chinese Basketball Association
    5. The Shanghai Municipal Sports Management
    6. The Chinese National Basketball Agency
    7. The Chinese National Sports Commission
    8. The NBA
    9. The NBA team that drafts him

2. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

7/9 things u mentioned can be taken care of by $$$ so those are not the problem. I don't find a reason why Yao doesn't want to play in the states and i don't see why his parents wouldn't want him to play here neither. Thus, it's most likely that he will play in the states. i HOPE. :D

3. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

What the hell?

I think you totally missed everything.

4. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

calm down i was just being sarcastic.. i thought yao's still the money cow?

5. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Dude, all those things got taken care of when he signed with us NINE YEARS AGO.

6. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Daryl Morey bypasses all of those. Put him at the top. If Daryl wants Yao, then Yao has no choice but to play.

7. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

He'll be a rocket next year, relax.

8. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

THANK YOU. Geez, it's not like the Rockets have to go back and ask the Shanghai Sharks if they'll let Yao out of his contract. Yao OWNS the Sharks now, for God's sake. The situation now and nine years ago aren't remotely comparable.

9. TopsDrop

TopsDrop Member

the OP realizes that yao was drafted 9 years ago, he made this thread remembering how difficult it was to acquire The Great Wall.

10. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

:confused: :confused: :confused:

This is a weird thread.

11. gambingo

gambingo Member

we all need to get better at reading comprehension :grin:

12. da_juice

da_juice Member

The shanghai sharks and shangai and china only needed to approve hwen he was drafted. So the only people are yao, the nba, and the rockets. all 3 will agree, yao will be in a rockets uniform for his entire career, gurantee it

13. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

1. Yao appears to like it in Houston from what most see and regularly still tries to attend Rockets games and functions.
    2. Yao is how old right now? I can understand early twenties needing his parents permission, but if he can't sign a new contract when he is in his late 20s, has a wife and baby on the way, my man has issues.
    3. He owns the team now.
    4. See the previously listed, they will want him to keep earning money.
    5. Legit, if he is still with them.
    6. Legit, although I doubt they will care if he still keeps playing their national games for international competitions.
    7. See the previous.
    8. Legit, but Stern loves internationall money just as much as National cash.
    9. Unless he gets another season ending injury, I doubt that the Rockets would turn him down for anything, short of the reincarnation of Hakeem or Micheal Jordan.

14. Microfridge

Microfridge Contributing Member

This thread is dumb and the subsequent replies where posters miss the entire point of the thread is even funnier.

Yes it is worth it. Without Yao, there would be no Tmac (and his good seasons with us) and no present team, which we all love.

15. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

This thread is full of dumb

16. choujie

choujie Member

Very misinformed.

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I don't see the point of this thread.

We all know what was required to get him here the first time, so I dont see why bring it up now since what he had to do PRIOR to joining means absolutely nothing in regards to what it will take to extend(or re-sign) his contract.

The rest of your premise could very easily fit into the existing Yao threads.

so with that in mind plus the general failure of half the respondents to realize that the list is a past-tense list and means absolutely nothing to us in current day.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.