1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[sigh] Game 3: Kashi commits his first Foul of the series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, May 5, 2017.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Are you kidding me? On an offensive rebound attempt.

90 minutes of play, before his first foul.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Seriously
    That tells the tale of the refs

Rocket River

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I was under the impression that Game 2 was just a Tony Brothers special. Figured we'd get a decent whistle after that in Game 3. I was very wrong.

Rockets will have to overcome the refs, because it is clear that there's been a mandate.

Deuce, BigMaloe, Plowman and 3 others like this.
  4. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Don't you know he is Michael Jordan.

5. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Meh, Spurs fans will complain if Harden shoots FT's on a legit foul. But they will never complain about how their team gets away with mugging our players without fouls being called against them.

BigMaloe and tmactoyao like this.
  6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He's very disciplined defensively. And mot of the time he's guarding Ariza, right?

7. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

hes guarding harden, which makes this even harder to believe

8. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

Kashi?

The Spurs are doing a pretty solid job of being lured into fouls. Harden's best weapon is his ability to find hands and arms, both while off the pick and roll and while driving into the paint.

He got one last night on Mills off a three and on Danny Green off help defense but of this were any other middle of the pack team, he'd be finding a lot more arms in the way of his natural shooting motion. His main defender pretty much ALWAYS has his arms and hands up and away from Harden while backing up.

The only reason Harden isn't getting free layups is because guys like Gasol or Aldridge are camping down low to help and those kick out threes were being well denied. Harden and Capella need to work on the lob game because having that in sync will solve a lot of our issues.

rocketman84 likes this.
  9. threepointshot3

On every play he pushes people off which is a blatantly obvious offensive foul but they turn a blind eye

Pen15clubber likes this.
  10. durvasa

I missed game 2. In game 1, don't remember him guarding Harden all that much.

In game 3, I don't recall any blatant missed fouls on him. Players with defensive reputations will get away with more contact, in general. Beverley is practically mugging the guy he's guarding every play.

11. heypartner

Get this,

Only one DPOY has ever won the award in a year they had less than 2 PFs/gm. Kashi has 1.6 this year.

Guess who:
    Kashi last year.

We're talking about 0 fouls in 90 minutes of high intensity playoffs. Two games and 6 minutes into the 2nd Q of Game 3. Even including his 4 PFs now, no one has less PFs than him in the 2nd round on 90 or more minutes, except Ryan Anderson....lulz....a range shooter. AND that includes the 60 minute players who have only played 2 games, like Curry and Klay.

Sure, great defenders get calls, but they are also high usage on the defensive end...if there were such a stat. He is also their offensive highest usage player.

Together with my DPOY stat above, get this:

In 65 YEARS, only 4 players have ever made 1st Team All-NBA with <= 1.6 PF/g (which is what Kashi did in 2016-2017).
    • Lebron (3 times)
    • Nash (twice)
    • Price
    • Wilt Chambelain (once)
    • oh, and some guy named Beard in 1951
    That's basically Lebron (another weird Wilt stat) and two PGs who never played defense ... and a guy named Beard 65 yrs ago. Guess he gets Lebron treatment.

12. durvasa

So what you're showing here is evidence that Leonard generally doesn't commit or isn't whistled for a lot of fouls. It's also worth pointing out that this was true for him even as a rookie when you wouldn't think he'd be getting reputation calls.

My conclusion remains the same -- he knows how to defend at an elite level without fouling. That's a skill -- it's what makes him so effective on that end of the floor. So I don't see much point in complaining about it, unless you have specific video to point to in this series that shows something out of the ordinary for him.

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Well.......I would show you the video of the shoulder he put in to Ariza on the baseline for one..... But I wouldn't want to do that to you right now.

Pen15clubber and rocketman84 like this.
  14. durvasa

That would be a quality contribution to this thread.

15. heypartner

He is their highest usage player, now, and his minutes have steadily reason and his fouls haven't.

How can you ignore that list of 65 years of All NBA 1st team players.

You're rationalizing this. Basically, only Lebron gets this treatment in the HISTORY of all-nba awards, and you're just saying Kashi's a great defensive player, yet he high usage on Offense and even with that high usage only DPOY award winner with <2 pf/g in the history of the award.

But it's fine, you didn't see Game 2.

#15 heypartner, May 6, 2017
    Last edited: May 6, 2017
    Pen15clubber likes this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You know, I expect Kawhi not to foul...But this Pau thing is maddening. This guy is winning nearly every call.

Pen15clubber and rocketman84 like this.
  17. heypartner

Only reason that is required is because your "quality contributions" involve telling us you missed Game 2. :p

Why not just go back and watch that game, and stop with your not fully-informed contributions here. :cool:

18. heypartner

I agree. The fouls are worse from the other guys. But the lack of fouls on Kashi is a good barometer of how all boats are lowered with the refs have an agenda.

19. BigTex

BigTex Member

He often pushes off with his left hand while dribbling and on his shots in the paint. Never noticed it until this series. But they haven't called it once.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  20. threepointshot3

Ask Memphis coach if the refs give the Spurs arm chair ride or not.The guy had to resort to publicly calling out the refs and their blatantly obvious one sided officiating. The Spurs for years have been riding the Ref's gravy train

Pen15clubber likes this.