1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SI: Why the Astros will repeat next season as World Series champions

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by mightybosstone, Nov 2, 2017.

1. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

That's what the first article about, which I said is definitely salty.

The second article is about how hard it is to win in baseball on the macro scale, and they're right. All they do is talk about how impressive it is that the Astros actually put together a World Series winner when so many things could have gone wrong, (and often do in baseball) but didn't.

2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

As for next season, I think it will be very difficult for any other teams will emerge to get pass the main powers we have seen in this post season.

From AL, it surely looks like it will be between the Astors, Yankees and Indian.

From NL, it looks like will be the Dodgers, Nats and Cubs.

Sure, to win it all will be a grind, but being 1/6 (and looks like will be the case for at least 3-4 more years) is not bad at all.

3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

http://www.espn.com/mlb/team/stats/batting/_/name/hou/split/774

You are right. We won in every category, although some by a thread. But the appearance of a hitters WS is contradicted by team BA's (.230/.205). Oh definitely there was power there with 25 HR's in the series, but it wasn't like the regular season where we had lots of singles mixed with doubles in a row. Where we would bat around in an inning. The numbers suggest what one might think of as a Chris Carter on steroids type series (with fewer SO's).

PhiSlammaJamma likes this.
  4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Only 3 of those HBP were wild. There were three pitches called strikes that were closer to the zone than the first one that hit Turner.

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Houston teams haven't won many championships but when they do they usually win two in back to back fashion. I'm just saying.

Hippieloser likes this.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

I ve been thinking the same thing. It’s weird, it’s almost inconceivable to think that pitching won this series, but it might have. I can’t quite put my finger on it, which may explain why Hinchs gut was a better option for the series than analytics.

7. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

They were trading like stock. During the yanke s series it was up to 150. Then it dropped to 50 when we went down. I said to mysel that I should pick them up.

Needless to say I didn’t. Could be rich now lol.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

From the Lastros to the Dynastros eh