1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI] Updated Mock Draft - Rocket's select Gabe Pruitt

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SpiffyRifi, Jun 13, 2007.

Tags:
  1. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/chris_ekstrand/06/13/mock.draft.2/index.html

I don't know a lot about Pruitt so I have no idea what to think about that. How would he fit in with the Rockets?

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i like that pick. of course we have to wait and see if the rockets trade the pick (hopefully) to make a bigger move.

3. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

If we take a PG with #26, then Petteri Koponen makes more sense.

4. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

He would have been great last year. He's a scoring PG. He can shoot a little, he can get to the rim pretty well, he's really tough, and he's a decent defender. He's not a floor leader, so he wouldn't bump Rafer out of the starting spot, but he'll play.

5. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

i live in cali and so i watch SC a lot since its on FSN. and he was shown on national TV during the tournament.

the pros of him are - hes VERY VERY quick. good handles. can shoot. and def. a better scorer than rafer.

the cons - his size and frame. not very big.

but he's CLUTCH. he made some big shots down the stretch for SAC

this is a good pick for #26. we just need a guy where rafer does not play 30 mins a night. as long as that happens, we'll be for the better.

6. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

It's all about Marco Benilelli.....we better take him

7. double d

double d Contributing Member

This year's draft is full of undersized point guards; I thought we already had a JL III?

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah im not too excited about getting another young and unproven PG. rockets have a few of those types already.

he's got suns written all over him.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The article says he's 6'4". Why would he be undersized for pg?

10. PeteTheCheat

PeteTheCheat Member

if they aren't planning on trading that pick, that is.

we could potentially buy that pick (which is higher than our existing one) straight out from them if history is any indication of how the suns handle the draft this year.

not a bad scenario if the #26 pick were to be traded

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i was just addressing the issue if pruitt was drafted, not the potential for trades and such

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I was going to ask the same thing.

I think Luther has a ton of upside still, but the problem is that he is a severly undersized SG

which somehow translates to..."Great, we're picking another guy whose under 6'6, he must be undersized" - which simply isn't true for a PG.

13. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

6'4" pg? He is huge! ;)

14. The Hungarian Rocket

If we trade VSpan it's a good move. But I prefer Koponen #26.

15. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why wouldn't we draft a 4 ? We can get an adequate pg in trade, but it's almost impossible to trade our smalls for a big. It would be wise to develop one.

16. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

If we could pull of a trade for Mike James or if the Knicks buy out Francis and we can get him for the vet's minimum, I'd agree with you. But as for attainable point guards in the leauge right now, I'm not sure that we CAN acquire an alternative adequate pg. I don't think Atkins would be a big improvement over our current situation. Aside from Atkins, I've been talking about Steve Blake, but as I read more I think he's out of our price range. So I don't really know of any other good point guards we can get. I'm not saying there are good power forwards that are truly attainable either - but if I had to chose between our two biggest needs right now, I vote point guard. If Chuck can work on his shot some, I think we have a servicable PF. But, yes if we can get James or Francis PRIOR to the trade, I wouldn't look to pick up another point guard.

17. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

oops, I meant prior to the draft

18. B.I.G

B.I.G Member

What are you talking about dude is 6'4 are you crazy?

19. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

He's just skinny, he's plenty tall with long arms. Nobody thought Rajon Rondo was undersized, why would they think Gabe Pruitt is?

20. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

now we should really think about picking up a forward.. we already have 4-6 players that can play the PG position. i'd rather have MJ/RA at the 1 and then use vspan or JL3 as backups.. now if we pick up another PG... :confused: