1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI] Terrence Jones helping Rockets more than survive without Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Bo6

Bo6 Member

hopefully jones will be a factor in this years playoffs instead of a detractor

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Jopat, are you, anyone related to.you, or anyone you know currently or at a point in time homeless or stomped on or both?

3. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

BBH, the problem is that virtually every poster on this board (even the intelligent ones) thinks that you don't like "T_ones". A lot of what you say has merit and is well-reasoned (I have concerns about how he will handle the likes of LMA, etc. too), but then you go overboard with statements like Jones has a 50-50 chance (not counting injury) to be out of this league in about 3 years. Barring injury, very few players that has shown Jones' flashes and stats at his age has would drop out. But EVERYONE thinks you go out of your way to decry Jones' shooting skills while hardly balancing out his good points. The post above was your most positive statement about him yet, frankly. Most players his ago have big weaknesses (if they didn't, they'd be a STAR). Jones is not a star but clearly has that potential, depending on how the future plays out. In fact I would say his FLOOR is that of a good role player, at this point.

4. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

LOL? How do you square this post with the one with you saying Jones has a 50/50 chance of being in this league long term? This is why people call you a fraud, oh and you trying to be an insider and all.

5. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

The Rockets need to sign BBholic to guard Lma. At least get him in there as a coach!

DD

#45 Smacktle, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  6. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Rockets dont like midrange jumpers... So by that all our players are screwed.

7. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

That and get him in foul trouble. Calling james harden we need LMA to foul out by the end of the third. Get her dun

8. marky :)

marky :) Member

Stop or you'll make him pass his 1 non-basketball post a day limit.

9. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

Haha my thoughts exactly

10. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

It's the later part that got me finally fed up with him and on my ignore list. Clearly trying to manipulate wording and create enough "gray area" to imply insider status or a relationship with morey on par with batman jones and yet still deny he ever intended to imply such things. Intelligent poster but uses it to manipulate and that's when he lost all credibility IMO.

11. basketballholic

Call me a fraud all you want. Bottom line is if you can't understand the statement then you're remedial. The vast majority of players in this league do not last long-term. Things happen. His odds are about 50/50 right now.

You have not shown even one smidgen of empirical evidence that his odds are significantly higher than 50/50. Now, who's the fraud?

Waiting.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

50% chance of being in the league long term

what does that even mean, and where does this number even come from.

13. bongman

bongman Member

Long term is subjective. That needs to be defined first :)

14. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

Terrence Jones got his butt handed to him by LA in the playoffs last year, but if he was gonna get whupped by anyone, might as well be the best offensive big man in the game.

Looking at him now, he seems to have made a significant leap in his body. I remember the ever present Bill Worrell commenting that TJ used the recovery time this season to get his strength up, and I noticed the same when he got back out on the floor. He is still a developing player in his game/body and tonight will be a true test of where he is at.

15. CKent

CKent Member

I'd feel very comfortable placing that bet. Taking 1-1 odds on that?

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

LMA whooped everyone on the front court, that includes Dwight and Asik

It's unlikely he will ever go on such a crazy shooting streak again

17. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Batman setting it straight. Apply water to burned area.

18. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

We are 8th seed w/o Jones, Josh, and Corey

This is probably going to be the only shot at a championship for a long time

19. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Zip-A-Dee-Day

20. basketballholic

Wasn't even worthy of a response from me and I won't dignify it with one now.