1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SI Fanside has picked 8 Western Conference playoff team, No Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joelcwu, Oct 26, 2014.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Some time this summer, I reached the point where this stuff doesn't even bother me anymore. People clearly hate us.

I'm embracing the hate, I hope the players are as well.

[​IMG]

2. rocketseagles07

Same here. When you combine the fact that we did lose depth with the fact that the media will find any reason to hate on us it all makes perfect sense. Oct 28th is all that matters right now

3. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

We have James Harden and Dwight Howard. If those guys are really the superstars they are supposed to be, we win at least 50 games.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

So, if Rox are out of p/o this year then KMc must done a GREAT GREAT job last year!

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

In other news, I had pancakes for breakfast in honor of the Texans game

6. rocketsmetalspd

Most of the so called experts and fans are going by what the team did last year. The D was very bad last season, too many mental mistakes and the make up of the team(not enough toughness on the D side).

This season will be fun to watch the team gel into a tough D minded team that will surprise a lot peeps and experts out there. I can't wait for the season to start, just 3 more days to go. Yea!! Go Rockets!!

7. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets are going to struggle creating this year and the bench is mediocre.

I expect the defense to improve and the effort to be better.

My gut has been 48 wins but that can change quickly at or near the trade deadline.

A lot of dead wood on this team, especially at the 4-5.

8. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

Just Canaan, Papa and Daniels coming off the bench we are much better than last year. Our defense will be much better overall and barring major injury to our starting 5, I will donate fifty bucks extra to Clutchfans if we do not make the playoffs...

Our starting 5 is very good and we have a bench that can put big numbers on the board...

Glad we are getting no love it will make each win sweeter...

9. bmd

bmd Member

Everybody has their opinion.

And in a lot of people's eyes, the Rockets got worse while every other playoff team got better. And since the West is so tight, some feel it's enough to knock the Rockets out.

And be honest... many of you were doom and gloom for most of the summer. You've had months of discussing Rockets basketball for you to regain some optimism. People who don't follow the Rockets didn't come around to being a little optimistic. They still see the team the same way some of you did this summer with all of the doom and gloom.

Winning will fix everything.

10. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Western Conference is that good, so yes it is possible.

11. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

I'll only consider JVG's yearly prediction.

12. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

You are looking at it from a macro perspective. Sure, 13th is average, but zone in.

Zone in on key plays at key times, against significant teams. We were just **** in late game execution defensively.

13. wowimmagical

wowimmagical Member

I like flying under the radar.

14. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

don't give a :beep:
    i rather everyone count us out and we surprise everyone else

15. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

Exactly. But, it's become cool to spew hate at the Rockets. This is the same media environment that will vote Howard as the number one C, Harden as the number one SG, then run an article about how Howard and Harden are totally overrated.

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

They hate us. Even 538 is picking us to barely make the playoffs. Lets just win the whole damn thing.

17. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

1-3 is probably right, the rest is garbage. How is Dallas 4? They will be struggling for 8 with PHX and NO?

Everybody is over rating GS and Dallas.

18. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

they trippin! Why do people think we got worse? if anything we will be better, Harden and Howard haven't even peaked as Rockets yet and they are still learning how to mesh... Im calling it rn, we will get the #2 seed and go to the finals bruh!

19. rockets13champs

Team is good. There will always be haters. rudy tomjanovich told us this which is my favourite quote " we had nonbelievers all the way and we have one thing to say to those nonbelievers: never underestimate the heart of a champion."

20. Steve_Francis_rules

The guy predicted four teams making the playoffs in the West with fewer than 50 wins. I find that hard to believe.