1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SI.com: Lamar Odom and Drug problem

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by sugrlndkid, Aug 24, 2013.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

http://tracking.si.com/2013/08/24/lamar-odom-drug-abuse-khloe-kardashian/?sct=hp_t2_a1&eref=sihp

NBA forward Lamar Odom has had a drug problem for two years, according to a TMZ report.

Odom’s “hardcore drug abuse” has led to the deterioration of his marriage to celebrity Khloe Kardashian, a three-week stint in rehab last August and the Kardashian family staging an intervention, according to the report.

Though the 33-year-old Odom — who is a free agent after playing for the Los Angeles Clippers last season — resisted rehab, he stayed clean throughout the 2012-13 NBA season before slipping “deep back into hardcore recreational drugs,” TMZ reports.

From TMZ.com:

It got so bad, last August Khloe pressured Lamar to go to rehab. Lamar went to a facility in San Diego, but he was so resistant Khloe hired private investigators to secretly stand guard at the rehab place to make sure he didn’t leave. The P.I.s stood guard 24/7.
    Our sources say Lamar constantly threatened to leave and Khloe made several visits to prevail upon him to stay. We’re told after 3 weeks, Lamar left for good.
    The family staged an intervention this week that Odom resisted, leading Kardashian to throw him out of the house.

We’re told the situation has become dire. Sources tell us … within the last 2 days, the entire family staged an intervention, trying to convince Lamar to go back to rehab, but he wouldn’t have any of it.
    In 2001, Odom was suspended twice in the span of eight months for violating the league’s anti-drug policy during his first stint with the Clippers. He recovered to eventually win two championships with the Lakers before his production dropped significantly with the Mavericks and Clippers the past two seasons.

The Clippers have expressed interest in re-signing him.

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

[​IMG]

guess why he loves candy...

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

They said hardcore drugs which probably means it isn't just weed.

4. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

If I married the worst Kardashian, I'd have a drug problem, too.

1 person likes this.
  5. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Nose candy.

1 person likes this.
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Can't blame him. He has to look at Bruce Jenner's face on the daily. I'd snap too...

7. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Seems like crack judging by the pics.

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

I bet since it is a player playing in LA instead of anywhere else, like say, I don't know, the mid-80s in Houston, that he doesn't even get a wrist slap for his drug problems.

9. jason3333

jason3333 Member

no kidding, thats fat cow eats all his candy, i would turn to drugs as well

10. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

While I wish him the best, I have zero sympathy for a NBA athlete who chooses to allow cameras into their personal lives. Your basically chasing more fame on top of the fame you already have. What you fail to realize is all that fame and extra attention isn't healthy and leads you to drugs

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i wonder if he's just being careless or if it dates back to coping with the loss of his child...we'll probably never know.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That tantrum attacking the photographers camera makes sense now

Or was he actually one of the 24/7 PIs preventing him from leaving rehab

13. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

You really think Khloe is a "fat cow"? Probably thinner than the average Houstonian. I don't usually defend the Kardashians but I think "fat cow" is a bit of a stretch.

14. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

She is definitly the caboose of the Kardashian train eww

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I couldn't help but chuckle at the last sentence.

Player facing serious drug problems, family falling apart, high resistance to help.....Clippers interested.

16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

She's hideous looking.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm disturbed that TMZ is being cited as a legitimate source for discussion on Clutchfans recently.

Anything involving TMZ and Kardashians should be a major red flag.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Although serious post is serious, I think Khloe's face is a bit of a stretch.

19. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

The NBA tests regularly for hard drugs. It's a completely different program than the relatively weak (i.e., "nothing in the offseason") weed testing.

If Lamar Odom has a blow problem, that means he started tooting right after the Clippers lost to the Grizzlies.

That is to say, once again, DON'T READ TMZ.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not sure but I think he could be an Allstar without the drugs