1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

[SI] Anonymous scouts dish hot takes on all 30 teams

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Oct 10, 2018.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

unless they reveal his name and prove he's a real scout, this is a child from the realgm forum.

i feel sorry for the stupid team that has this kid as a scout. maybe sacramento.

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Their take on the rockets isn't what I'd call hot. If anything, it's the most common narrative out there.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Probably by all the noise that it’s eother KD or Lebron as the best player in the game. Or KDs back to back finals MVPs.

No way I’m taking KD over Steph if I hadn’t to jettison a guy from that team. Or even to start a team from scratch. KDs more talented and athletically gifted but Steph is more valuable.

But I don’t think that’s the common narrative if you look at overall rankings.

4. jcage

jcage Member

What is crazy about that is when Luc missed most of the Golden State series, you barely heard anything about his contribution or what the Rockets were missing not having him.

JuNx likes this.
  5. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

some of those takes need the anonymity ...

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Because All World Andre Iguodala was injured and making the warriors with the rest of their four "all stars" look like a scrub jv team!

7. omgTHEpotential

These all sound like posts in the GARM.

8. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I don't think these scouts provided a lot of insight you can't get from a thirteen year old on Reddit.

I particularly didn't like the "The Warriors need Cousins against the Rockets to play big vs. big with Capela" ... that seems doubly wrong to me. First, Draymond did a great job taking Capela out of his rhythm and denying lobs - Capela was not a driver of the Rockets success in that series. Second, Cousins is a god awful pick and roll defender and Harden/Capela have a history of shredding his teams. If Cousins is in peak form he makes the Warriors better, but not because of his ability to match other big guys ... mostly because he forces other teams to stay big when they don't want to, at risk of getting crushed in the paint. Against the Rockets it wouldn't "neutralize" Capela, it would probably force us to rely on Capela more and run more plays for him.