1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shut up! Darn you, SHUT UP!!!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Iron McFist, May 6, 2001.

1. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

Holy Cow! Anybody watching the Kings/Lakers game on NBC, are you as pee'ed off as me about the PBP guys, always freakin' arguing! I don't know their names, and don't care, but can they just SHUT up with the petty squabbling!

------------------

2. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

They are ex-NBA players Bill Walton (does Clips during the reg. season) & Steve "Snapper" Jones (Portland's PBP). Better get used to it. They're gonna be there till the end of the playoffs.

------------------
    GATER

3. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

Oh.... GOD!

------------------

4. Steve_Francis_rules

I don't mind their arguing. What I mind is Bill Walton constantly telling everyone how wonderful and amazing Shaq is.

------------------

5. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I have League Pass and enjoyed watching some of the Clippers games this past season. I have learned two things:

1) Walton enjoys the sound of his own voice.

2) Walton will say things purely for effect and frequently tongue-in-cheek. For example, Keith Kloss will get a block or a rebound and Walton promotes him into the Hall of Fame. A quarter later, Kloss does something less than stellar and he (or Kandi) immediately becomes the sole reason the Clips will lose.

Jones made some bad comments about the Rockets last season so he annoys me. Walton is more tolerable if you don't take him very seriously.

------------------
    GATER

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are definetely right, GATER. I remember during the Lakers-Kings game, Walton at one point stated that Horace Grant had "outplayed" Chris Webber, and that was the reason teh Lakers would win. Their numbers were not even close, and it was a completely ridiculous statement.

But even with a grain of salt, I still hate the guy.

------------------
    Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Heres a tip , Press Mute on your remote and listen to the PBP on the radio if you can . Bill Walton is such an idiot it amazes me , The Kings fans last night were all talking about what an idiot he is rather than the game (figures) .

------------------
    Lisa : Dad did you know The Chinese use the same word for Crisis as they do for Opportunity?

Homer: Yes!
    Crisis-tunity!

8. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Do ya'll remember the Rockets/Timberwolves game when Jim Peterson sat in for Calvin? Arrrgggh. Him and Bill Worrell snapped back and forth.

ex.:

Peterson exclaims: "Whoooaaa! Mo Taylor just leveled Kevin Garnett!

Bill: Well, I think that was a bit of a flop.

Peterson: Well....I don't know. Do you see the shoulders of Taylor? Man...

Bill: tentatively laughs)

------------------
    "They couldn't shoot, rebound, or pass, but other than that, they played great!"

-Bill Walton

[This message has been edited by finalsbound (edited May 07, 2001).]

9. Holden

Holden Member

i cant stand walton. his style of commentating is just whining at everyone. "waah scott pollard missed a rebound. Waahh no one can stop shaq. waaaahhh the kings cant make a shot, its ruining the game." its amazing because he makes it seem like he thinks he can go out there and play better than everyone. i mean what the hell did he do in his career. he wins one championship with portland, strips off his jersey and gets mobbed by a bunch of hippies, then he sits on the bench with the celtics the rest of his career. i cant stand how great this guy thinks he is. and when he was inducted to the 50 greatest players of all time. he had this stupid smile on his face when they called his name, like he was gracious as hell, even though everyone in the stands was booing him, because hes such a terrible announcer. i guess NBC, thinks him and snapper jones arguing makes for some special moments or something. but i had to press mute on the tv too. i cant stand bill walton. (not to mention kevin johnson,danny ainge, john tompson, hubie brown, former commentators, isaiah thomas, and doc rivers) the only guy i like is doug collins. everyone else needs to get the hell out of the buisiness and be a an assistant coach or something.

------------------
    make it stop.

10. Timing

Timing Member

Yall are crazy! Bill Walton is HILARIOUS! I love listening to this guy. In the Lakers game he had some beauties! Just paraphrasing...

After a Kobe dunk, "Kobe just posterized the whole city of Sacramento!"

After Jason Williams had to leave the game with blood on him, 3 minutes into the game. He said something like, "What took him so long to get bloody?"

Dude is friggin funny as hell.

------------------
    The ox is slow but the Earth is patient.

11. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

12. Steve_Francis_rules

Walton was a great player, when healthy in his day. And he was a key contributor off the bench for the Celtics when they won the championship in '86.
    And how can you not like John Thompson and Doc Rivers? I thought they were good announcers.

------------------

13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Bill Walton is funny. Some of the stuff he says is a joke and he means it to be funny. he isnt always serious when he says those crazy things.

------------------
    http://www.democrats.com

mgh 1925-2001