1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shumpert out for road trip....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IslandB.O.I., Feb 20, 2019.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

*margin for error*

THIS is my gripe with the roster moves. My gripe with Morey digging in his heels on House (cc @heypartner).

Every loss the Rockets take due to low margin for error (injury, short rotation, fouling etc) without helping themselves with House.

If Morey wants to dig in his heels with House, FINE...*IF* there are suitable roster additions to ease for this. Right now, there aren't.

Will the Rockets get to 50 wins?
    Will the Rockets get poor seeding and out EARLIER in the playoffs?
    Will Harden LOSE the MVP because of MORE LOSSES due to the ROSTER?

There are ripple effects.

2. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Whatever whiner. (Shumpert)

3. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

The ripple effects are long-term. End up with the #4 or #5 seed, face the Warriors in the second round, cede the WCF to the Thunder, and watch free agents sign with OKC instead of Houston because they look like they're on the way up, and we look like we're on the way down.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yup. Not looking forward to seeing OKC in the WCF if the Rockets are home. And Westbrook and George getting the pub.

OKC..... "will have their pick of the free agents"

slothy420 likes this.
  5. solid

solid Contributing Member

This really ticks me off, "needs a couple of days..." He has had a week off. Hasn't played in more than a week. Something is phony with this.

Dankstronaut and s3ts like this.
  6. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Sometimes injuries last more than a week. It aint that deep.

BigM likes this.
  7. biff17

biff17 Member

So how were those ripple effect when OKC got bounced in the 1st round the 2 previous years and we went to the WCF last year?

I mean the stuff some people want to complain about.

Elephant810 likes this.
  8. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

As disappointing as this season has been, I still think a healthy Rockets team is the second best team in the west. Im not sure seeding will matter much anyway...

9. smp

smp Member

Well, the pick of free agents didn’t really work out that well for us. No FA trophies for us last summer.

GS seems to be the only team that players will sacrifice salary to join.

10. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

Shump and CP3's are boys with LeBum, i will be watching cp3 very closely tonight

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That makes sense. And no I'm not worked up at all, just tired of everyone having their panties in a bunch because we didn't make these grand moves with all these exciting pieces that people were wanting to acquire from the Rockets. I'm trying to be realistic while everyone else is expecting a Tobias Harris type trade to go down.

Ennis was not very effective while he was here. Yes, he had mini stretches of good basketball offensively, but defensively (our main issue) he was flat out terrible! House is another issue... we'll see how that pans out. Obviously we can use all the help we can get.

But like I said we're getting Clint back and hopefully he helps our defense transition into something of an NBA team defense. Shumpert may just be out for these next two games, so it's not all that bad.

#131 FLASH21, Feb 21, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    mfastx and YOLO like this.
  12. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Maaaaaan go play ball.

13. thekad

thekad Member

Good thing they got rid of House and Ennis to save Tilman money. But they’re picking up Wes Matthews and Ellington, right?

14. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Shumpert got humiliated by them b2b2b finals. Especially 15 and 17 finals. What more do you want to see?

15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Week away from being a week away. ;)