1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we try to sign both Brook Lopez and Eric Gordon?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T-Slack, Mar 18, 2012.

1. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

If the Rockets can get rid of K brick's expiring contract and amnesty Scola's contract they should have enough to go after those guys. Before saying this will never happen let me explain myself. The Nets are dead set on trying to team up Douche Willams and Dwight together, so they will try to wait another year to sign him. So now you force the Nets hands and make them make a choice. Willams will take his time getting wine and dined, so what Morey should do at the very beginning of free agency is offer Lopez the max making the Nets think long and hard of matching offer and losing the cap space to sign Dwight while other teams are after Willams. I know Lopez has been injured this year but he was pretty healthy the other years and this is just the bump in the orad for him. He was doing very well the couple of games he played before injurying himself again. 7 footers don't grow on trees. 7 footers will post skills tht Brook has don't come often either. Dwight wishes he had a post game like Brook's.

Gordon is easier to explain. His stock is at the lowest because he is injury prone and has missed all but one game this year. But there is no denying is very talented. He's a great two way player that can give you offense and play tough defense. He would be a max player if he could stay healthy. So I say he sign him to a near max contract, around 55 to 65 million. The leauge would be wary of matching an offer to player tht is injury prone plus that won't know if the new owner ofthe team would wantto take on that contract. I know this would be a risky signing, but with the Rockets luck of not getting superstars, imo this would be the best route to go to rebuild and compete with the elite finally. The worst thing that can happen is those teams match but you won't know until you try. Lopez, Gordon, add Lowry with is cheap contract, Lull, D Mo and Patterson? That would be sick. I hope you read this Morey.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

If you want anyone to take a signing seriously, don't litter your explanation with the words "injured", "if he can stay healthy", and "injury prone".

3. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

No,we donn't need pre-star players, we only need superstars

4. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

What else can Morey do? He tried for years to get star players but can't. These two player's stock is low right now . Like the stupid words of Dwight Howard. "You have to roll the dice."

5. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I'd rather keep this team or wait patiently for true star players.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It be like mediocrity to the max seriously

Neither are super stars, though I have have high hopes for Eric Gordon

7. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

These are star players. They just haven't reach their potenal yet. Joe Johnson wasn't a star with the Suns until the Hawks pryed him away from them.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

But Joe "pseudo superstar" Johnson let them no where but playoff exists/mediocrity.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Brook Lopez is not worth more than 5M on the court. Seriously have you ever watched him play? Khump's doing double duty defending both his man and Lopez's.

Gordon is definitely an upgrade, but the thing is he's had to take microfracture surgery on his leg, not sure how that will affect his game. I'd rather just resign both Dragic and Lee tbh.

10. kyle_R

kyle_R Member

So you're saying actually making the playoffs and winning series (not a series, plural) was a bad thing? This isn't the Rockets of 1998 here, we don't haven't had that success in about 15 years now.

11. kyle_R

kyle_R Member

Scratch the "don't"

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

To imply that any of those Atlanta teams could've made the WCFs during the past decade is a joke.

Those teams would've been destroyed by any of the T-Mac/Yao or Yao/Artest teams.

13. darmor90

darmor90 Member

I would want Gordon. Definitely don't want Lopez. Are you kidding me, a center who can't out rebound any of are starting 5 minus KMart?

14. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I wanna see if they can stay healthy 1st. Not worth investing a massive muti-year deal right after coming back from major injuries.

15. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Eric Gordon, yes.

Brook LOpez, hell no.

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Winning series against the Bucks and Wade-only-Heat in 7 games to only get swept in the next round is the EAST is not to be called success.

17. opticon

opticon Member

All I have to say to this thread is Ben Gordon and Charlie Vill

The pistons are a cautionary tail about what not to do with cap space.

18. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

The Pistons got stupid and impatient that year. They couldn't sign anybody and instead of waiting the following year they signed to above average role players. Gordon and Lopez have star potenial.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

We shouldn't sign either of them. Brook Lopez is a horrible rebounder. Gordon is not going to be worth the money he will command.

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Might as well spend all all of our money on Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva.