1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we stop playing Scola after our next loss?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Seth, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Seth

Seth Member

I mean, we are 7 games behind the Spurs, we had mathematical chances if we suppouse we won all 9 games and the Spurs win only one of their next 9.. which is pretty impossible.

He is almost 30 and has played 40 or more minutes in 12 of our last 15 games in march.
    Should we shut him down to prevent any injury and to prevent his stock to go any higher.
    Not to say he will likely play in Turkey latter in the year.

Thoughts??

2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Not stop playing him entirely but Jordan Hill should be getting more minutes at PF or starting at center getting 30+ a game.

3. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Don't play any starters. ;)

4. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

I say play him to improve his trade stock. He is posting like 22 and 11 this last month and scouts are watching extensively at how players perform under these conditions.

Bill Worrell said last night that scouts look at how players react to and how they handle themselves these last 10 or so games when they know that their team is out of the playoffs. Do they continue to fight hard or coast till the season is over?

If anyone should not play, it should be Hayes. I say rest him because he has a legit injury that I know he is hiding. Bullard said that he has had left knee tendinitis that won't go away until the season is over and he gets rest. Why not start it early and play Hill?

Hill, Taylor, and Budinger should all have their minutes increased and Hayes, Ariza, and Scola's mins should decrease. We need to improve the rookies trade stock!

5. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Our young players need Scola's veteran leadership. They need to play with players like Scola to really improve their games. In previous games, I was impressed by the PnR between Scola and Taylor. And, I saw Scola to give Taylor some instructions on the court when Taylor made some mistakes.

btw, I think Scola won't mind to play more games. He loves to play.

6. Karolik

Karolik Member

Not gonna happen...That would be too obvious we are tanking.

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

how is Scola going to make his teammates better?

Practice?

8. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

he is going to want to play, he is playin for a new contract. he has earned the right to play as much as he wants on this team he has been our most consistent player since he got here. he is never injured and always lays it out on the court.

that being said i wouldnt mind him not playing so he doesnt increase his salary potential anymore that what he has already since landry left, its evident he is capable of avg 18 and 10 for a season...

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

This is a ridiculous question. Is the man hurt? No? Then you play him. :rolleyes:

I have no problem with trying to get the Rookies more PT since that is valuable to them moving forward. I think the time Hill and Taylor are getting is going to pay dividends going into next season. Sometimes a little success and playing really makes a player work just that much harder in the off season. I definitely think we should keep Taylor, Hill and Bud in the rotation.

We absolutely do not sit Scola and if Martin is healthy then he needs to play as well. The Rockets need to end the season on a high note.

10. elindio23

elindio23 Member

next season?

11. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Are you suggest the tanking?

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Scola loves to play, he's poured his heart into this team, and I think he deserves to play if that's what he wants. He hasn't missed a game yet in his NBA career. It wouldn't be right for that streak to end just because his team wanted to go into tank mode.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Should we stop coaching Adelman after our next loss?

Should we stop general managing Morey after our next loss?

Should we stop owning Alexander after our next loss?

Should we stop the bearing Clutch after our next loss?

Should we stop dancing the RPD after our next loss?

14. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Should we stop posting after our next loss?

15. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

I doubt that would happen.

I could see Hill getting the start at C at least for a game or two (like Taylor is at SG now ) before the season ends though. This would give him some experience and give the coaches a better look at him.