1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should We Require Kids to Vaccinated Against Procreating?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Feb 8, 2012.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Hopefully we all agree that 10 to 15 year olds should not have children and it should be only for damn few say 15 to 18 year olds. Maybe after a court hearing to prove exceptional circumstances.

The school nurse as a prerequisite for attending school checks for vaccinations against measles, chickenpox, and other problems. Why not for the shot that prevents pregnancy?

There are quite a few rights that adults have that children don't. Why should they be allowed to get pregnant or impregnate others

For sake of argument let's assume low health risk techniques required for both sexes.

It seems to me that only the naive think the curent abstinence or other programs is working for enough kids.

As a plus this would cut down on abortions in the under 18 age group.

I think we can all agree that kids having kids leads to great problems for society.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

can open. worms everywhere.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

I like the idea, although it would lead to more sexually active kids. But the less children under 18 having kids, the less thugs that grow up being leeches on the taxpayers.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

OH GOD, THE WORMS

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hawtueu6mtI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

6. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

...why restrict this to kids?

7. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

shhhh, don't give Sebelius any ideas.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Would it really? Kids can get their hands on condoms already and even then vaccinating against pregnancy wouldn't prevent STD's. Anyway even with all of the warnings about pregnancy, STD's and chastity vows kids still have sex.

As far as the idea itself I am against it for health reasons. I presume by vaccinating Glynch is talking about giving hormone injections or implanting devices that slow release hormones into kids. I don't know if research has been done on the effects of those on prebuscent kids and kids going through puberty. These could lead to unintended health consequences. Also I am

Also consider that anyone who has or has had a significant other on the pill knows that timing is important to taking them. Vaccinating young girls could be very complicated and arduous. Males are constantly producing sperm so that would also be arduous. The reproductive system is very powerful and one of the biological imperatives so trying to shut it down might be practically impossible.

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

What, there is that kind of shot? I want to see a Nobel prize nomination for that at least.

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

Ok, I think you are saying a shot that will take someone's fertility forever, like a permanent sterilization , right? I thought you just meant a temporary thing.
    Well, well ...

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

your assumption is that kids having kids is a threat to society or can spread like measels, chickepox, etc...

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No.

Talk about a free pass and the rise of STD's the 1st world has ever seen.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

Just tell little boys the average penis is 12 inches and they'll all be too embarrassed to whip it out. But once you pop it's just like Pringles.

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

And wow I just got a red dot on my house after rereading that.

15. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

EXACTLY what I was thinking......

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

How about being parents,settting goals and restrictions, honoring discipline, and keep your child engaged in school related activities... If your child needs a shot at 14/15, then you need a shot to the chest...

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It seems difficult enough to get kids to be vaccinated for a one time thing. Now you would be requiring girls to get vaccinated monthly or quarterly.

What about those that are of a religion where artificial birth control is inherently wrong?

Who will pay for all of these shots?

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Hell yes.

20. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Why even let people have children period? Let's let the government create them in test tubes and then decide how to raise them.