1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Wade replace Kubiak next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Honey Bear, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Defense is the Texans identity. That's what makes them the 9th best team in the league (in terms of trophy winning potential).

Considering all the tools they have, it's more important to give Wade the head coaching position than retain Kubiak and let Wade go. Kubiak does have a history with the team, but he kind of gets by the bare skin

Texans are in the bottom half of the league in TD's and Yards per Game. QB is below average. I think we all know the right decision here.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Take away the game in the miserable conditions last night and they are third in the league in yards per game. Regardless of TDs, they are fifth in scoring. In addition they are at or near the top in time of possession.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You keep both, but make Wade the highest paid DC in the nFL.

4. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

We should trade Ronny for a sack of crap.

5. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Keep both, Kubiak is good at offense and Wade is good at defense.

6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Your pompous douchebag shtick in the Hangout is way more entertaining.

7. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

misleading. Texans are #1 in time of possession. when you eat clock, TDs and yards will suffer. ah crap, didn't realize it was a ronny thread.

1 person likes this.
  8. Honey Bear

I think it's only natural he'd want the position of Head Coach if it was offered to him from another team. But he's not going to have the same quality players to work with.

Kubiak is a conservative play caller and while he uses a variety of offensive plays for minor gains (leading to a lot of possession), when push comes to shove in the playoffs, he's going to play it safe. I think that can be more easily replaced than wade leaving.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I think Wade's value starts to diminish the minute you take him away from the defensive coordinator role and make him a head coach.

It's not broken...I wouldn't try to fix it.

10. 713

713 Member

Rather have Wade taking over HC duties and Yates at QB.

Schaub and Kubiak is holding this team back. You homers are too blind to see the obvious.

11. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

you're just trying too hard now.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ozvYg2i3pS0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rocket River

13. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

this a trolling Q?

14. conquistador#11

schaub the 4,000 game manager needs to go! we needz gun slinger to give defense more plays! a tony romo would give our defense more opportunities after he gives ball up!

15. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

please, what makes you think the owner of that sack of crap would want ronny...

16. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Probably need to draft an offensive player with our first pick next season since the last 4 years in a row they've gone defense. Kubiak is doing an amazing job considering the priority he and the GM has put into building the defense.

17. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

18. Honey Bear

I've long been the foremost authority on basketball, minimalist design, sensual dance and women in fashionable places like the meatpacking district and El Poblado on, and off, the internet. I came, I saw, I conquered ..and left the masses in awe at the prospects of life beyond the bubble.

But it's only natural for type A personalities to keep branching out. I soon immersed myself in the world of american football, a powerdpuff sport compared to rugby, one I had never been able to sit through for more than 10 minutes a game (too boring), but one I completely understood the nuances of within a day.

So I've come here, out on a ledge, giving you a face to face glimpse of the Ayatollah... a chance to knock him off the throne when he's far out of his comfort zone.

But no one has risen to the occasion.

You are far too in awe of me.

19. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Aren't we second in the league in points scored even after last night?

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Can I get some fries with that? Throw in a hot apple pie too. Thanks, I'll drive through.

1 person likes this.