1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the Rockets throw in Thicc Tucker in a deal for Butler?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Should the Rockets throw in Thicc Tucker in a deal for Butler?

1. Yes throw him in!

17.1%
  2. No, lets stay T H I C C

82.9%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jimmy the playah.

2. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Morey will work every scenario that does not include Tucker but if it comes down to it......He gone!

High Vibrationz likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let's just say, the boi is no saint.

That 'Well dayum' comment on Union was real doe.

clutchdabear likes this.
  4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I was on the fence about this but I have to say no, don't trade Tucker.

It's not just about losing Tucker...It's about losing Gordon and Tucker together.

I think that is far too much to give up. To me, Gordon is the best asset that has been mentioned from any team as far as contract, skill level and fit with the Timberwolves...And Tucker is not far behind. He might even be the second best asset that's been mentioned. If they won't take Gordon + picks and fillers then **** 'em.

#64 xtruroyaltyx, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  5. hakeemthagreat

You'd be stupid to give up your leader on defense, most versatile defender, most DURABLE defender & best friend to all 3 of ur stars. You guys are only thinking about your 2K rosters with Jimmy Butler on it. It's makes no reasonable sense to trade PJ. Butler's a diva, injury prone & can t guard 5 positions which takes away from us guarding GS

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

I admit i'm still torn on this, getting a player like Butler at this point, in our situation...i feel like a similar opportunity won't happen again with this core...and especially if he agrees to resign here eh, that would be really hard to pass.

But at the same time, considering the situation, giving up nothing more than Gordon and picks with fillers doesn't look a wrong approach, Tucker is great, perfect fit here, but it's not just about that, it's also that he is a great contract, especially for a team in luxury territory like us.

In the end i'm just happy i'm not Morey here, definitely not an easy decision to make, but i trust him and the guys to take the best decision for the team.

7. blackistan

blackistan Member

I'm just not in favor of getting rid of EG he fits too well on our squad along with Tuck

8. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

PJ has been with the team for just one year. I think the “best friend” thing to our stars is overblown. If he is really what would take to get Jimmy Butler, they’d have to do it. I just don’t think PJ is the missing piece to the trade, otherwise Morey would have done it already. The Wolves are asking for more than just PJ.

High Vibrationz likes this.
  9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

No, you don't give up your heart. Just like Draymond is the "heart" of GS...he's more untouchable than Klay, who's a better player IMO, and gives you what you need to win (points)

My point is that some of you are undervaluing Tuck.

Also...One ear suggested the Rockets are watching Pre-Season closely. If this looks like a great fit with Melo and our core, our desire for One-Year-Jim may be lessened.

Another ear suggests we're still pushing full throttle, working on a third team so that we end up with Jim, a Big (Ant is brought up often) and our favorite yearly target TyTy.

Just spreading what was said, no promises. Again, my reach in Minny is minimal.

D-rock, lionaire, malakas and 12 others like this.
  10. Convictedstupid

Is there a different Ant in the NBA I am unaware of..?

11. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

Anthony Tolliver?

DonKnock likes this.
  12. Convictedstupid

Never heard him called Ant but makes a lot more sense than the other option.

DonKnock likes this.
  13. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'm telling you, what we're going to miss is the ability to score. Another player who can hit 3s in the crunch, because his mental capacity isn't equivalent to a peanut.

Yeah, Jimmy can score for us instead of PJ. But does he have the stamina and the robust structure to take the beating on both ends of the court in the playoffs? I have serious doubts about that. I know that PJ can do this.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Who is the Ant you're referring to?

15. Convictedstupid

I have only heard Anthony Davis called 'Ant'. But that makes 0 sense. That's why I asked if there was someone else I didn't know.

16. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

This end thread

17. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I truly don't believe we need him. Keep the chemistry and move on.

18. Red Nation RGV

Tonight we'll get to see more of our current unit but after thinking about this a bit and reading all the stuff out there on Butler I'm heavily leaning towards saying hell no to even acquiring him. Its one thing when a player openly says he wants to go somewhere but another when he's traded and the organization rolls the dice. I've yet to see anything about him expressing interest in H-town much less reppin it the way Green does.

19. Ray Parker

Ray Parker Member

The only way I think the Rockets should deal Tucker is if his back will worsen throughout the season, otherwise, he shouldn't be included in a deal for Jimmy.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Thanks for dropping in, Codman. I know you've seen some hell these last few years, kicking you-know-what in the "but-tocks" (say it with a Forrest Gump accent), so I'll just say it was a lesser hell in your absence these last few days with certain new accounts cluttering the GARM like so many Agent Smiths from the two "Matrix" sequels.

I don't know about the one-year rental idea, if that's what it would be. Jimmy Butler's the goods, and if he helped us win it all this season, yay!, but as Highlander says, "there can be only one" anyway, and then to watch him bolt for the Lakers or Clippers while we're left with some version of the MLE to sign somebody.......just don't know.

We're all just along for the ride in any case.

malakas, DonKnock, Fyreball and 2 others like this.