1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the rockets start Jeff Bzdelik?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Apr 7, 2019.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The #s are clear....20+ point back 2 back victories...

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Only if we can lock him up long-term

Don't want another House situation

3. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Jeff Bzdelik making MDA obsolete.

13 in 33, dreamshakin, AXG and 11 others like this.
  4. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Another game with single digit turnovers? Yes please!

vlaurelio and RyanB like this.
  5. RetroRockets

RetroRockets Member

not gonna lie these last few games our defense has been insanely good

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Might have something to do with playing the two worst teams in the NBA in the final week of the season...

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Better defense...
    Fewer turnovers...
    Wiser minute dispersal....
    ...with no offensive drop off...

Granted its the Knicks and the Suns...

but in before all the MDA apologists start spewing about what a genius MDA is... when in reality he just took the reigns off of Harden and got outta the way...

PS everybody remarks on record 'since benching Melo...' - but I think its time to start viewing it all as MDA w/o Bzdelik vs Jeff's return...

I make no secret of the fact that I'm not an MDA fan... has his attributes - but also his blind spots...

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No, we need to REST Jeff B!

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.chron.com/sports/rocket...delik-fills-in-for-Mike-D-Antoni-13748754.php

Rockets coach Mike D'Antoni missed a second consecutive game with stomach flu on Sunday with the Rockets uncertain whether he will return for the final regular-season game in Oklahoma City on Tuesday.

"Mike is feeling much better," Rockets associate head coach Jeff Bzdelik, who ran the team on Sunday as he had in Saturday's practice, said. "But we start the playoffs in a week and it's really important -- we miss our leader, we need him – that's he's at full strength for the playoffs. No reason to rush back."

Bzdelik returned to the Rockets in November, ending his retirement after addressing an unspecified personal issue. Asked if he intended to return next season, Bzdelik said he had not given that much thought yet.

"That's a really good question. I don't know the answer to it," Bzdelik said. "First of all, none of us have any guarantees on tomorrow. Second, you have to ask my wife. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

"I work for a great organization, great ownership, great management. I work for a great, great man and basketball coach in Mike. I work with great people. I thoroughly enjoy my job."

Smacktle, dreamshakin, D-rock and 7 others like this.
  10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

No......

11. biff17

biff17 Member

Man you really are just a MDA hater.

it's amazing how some hold a grudge because the head coach won't coach the team the way they want them to even when that coach has one of the best runs in Rockets history going.

i guess this overwhelming talent we have is letting MDA just coast along.

Wasn't you one of the guys complaining when we did not do something of significance at the trade deadline?

D-rock likes this.
  12. Mr. Space City

Bzdelik beats the teams he should beat , unlike MDA. ;)

Little Bit and kjayp like this.
  13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

nope... I was the guy that saw the trade deadline moves coming... months before when asked what moves were anticipated, I said 'DM frantically working to shed payroll to get us under the LT threshold' - lo and behold...

MDA is decent... I'd say top 25-30%... but the rate that many folks around here worship him like he's some offensive guru that can do no wrong (while totally oblivious to the other end of the court) leaves me in the position to be labeled a 'hater' when in fact I'm a realist... imo... ;)

McFail was a doofus... and he got us to the WCF - with that 'cancer D12' instead of CP3... make no mistake, this roster is loaded! ... jus sayin... ;)

BeBreezy likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wife has to be on board.

15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. This thread was inevitable.

burlesk likes this.
  16. biff17

biff17 Member

This roster is hardly loaded there's far to many one dimensional players and still only 2.5 playmakers.

It's a testament to MDA you feel that way.

burlesk and D-rock like this.
  17. Juxtaposed Jolt

CotY. 100% win rate (minimum 2 games coached). 82-0 if Bzdelik coached the entire season. Oh, what could have been...

Budenholzer falls in faint.

burlesk, Pat and gogispade like this.
  18. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Rockets record with Bzdelik and no Dantoni > Rockets with Dantoni and no Bzdelik

Those are just the facts

oh and two more

Rockets record with Bzdelik and Dantoni > Rockets record with Dantoni and no Bzdelik

Rockets record with Bzdelik and no Dantoni > Rockets record with Dantoni and Bzdelik

I'm not saying Dantoni is a bad coach. I'm just saying Dantoni should be Bzdelik's assistant.

Bzdelik knows how/when to call in game time outs- something Dantoni has no clue on. He also knows how to balance minutes in a way that utilizes more of the available lineup/bench.

#18 Realjad, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

This is too funny. If the rockets had started Chiozza and won these games by 20+ (which they probably would have), the "start Chiozza" thread would have popped up too. :rolleyes:

20. farhen

farhen Member